LX470 Marker Lights Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've researched the various threads on how to convert my LX470 corner marker lights to turn signals, however if I decided to go the more expensive route, could I simply swap them out for LC turn signal housings from the same LC model year (2001)?

I don't want to have to go down this route, but just shipped my LX back to the US and only will have a day to get it registered and road ready before starting a 6000 mile road trip.

I've researched the various threads on how to convert my LX470 corner marker lights to turn signals, however if I decided to go the more expensive route, could I simply swap them out for LC turn signal housings from the same LC model year (2001)?

I don't want to have to go down this route, but just shipped my LX back to the US and only will have a day to get it registered and road ready before starting a 6000 mile road trip.
The corner marker lights are the same on the LC and LX. The turn signals for the LC are in the headlight.

The corner marker lights are the same on the LC and LX. The turn signals for the LC are in the headlight.

In the head light? I had a '98 LC, but don't recall. However eveything I have seen on-line indicates that the LC turn signal housing is in the corner light - where the LX has the parking marker. See attached diagram.

I am just wondering if anyone can confirm same year models are identical fits across the brands?

a1_810832A.jpg

Last edited:
In the head light? I had a '98 LC, but don't recall. However eveything I have seen on-line indicates that the LC turn signal housing is in the corner light - where the LX has the parking marker. See attached diagram.

View attachment 1470884
I can't personally speak as I have an LX, but looking at doing retrofits for LC owners in the past I'm 99.9% sure the turn signal is one reflector in the headlight and the corner light is just a marker light the same as the LX.

Per Slee Offroad Blueberry bumper install note for an LX.

"3. If this bumper is fitted to a LX470, the side marker lights need to be converted to marker / indicator lights. The part numbers below are for the 100 Series Land Cruiser Marker Light housings, bulb sockets and pigtails. These can be used and wired into the LX470 to have a dual element bulb that can function as marker and indicator light

81510-60500 - Lamp Assembly - Required - 1
81520-60370 Lamp Assembly - Required - 1
90980-11020 Bulb Housing - Required - 2
82998-12440 Terminals - Required - 6"

He's right for the 06-07 LC's, when it became a 1-piece design (The aftermarket Depo's as well)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom