LX470 Head Unit in place of tape deck? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The only issue I can see is the mounting depth. The flip up and cd units are deeper, around 7 inches, and doesn't leave much room for wiring. The unit I used has a mounting depth of about 4 inches. That being said read through the links to other posts that people left on this thread. I think I remember seeing someone had done it with a flip up and maybe used right angle RCA cable to the amps. Short answer is yes I think it can be done depending on the mounting depth and position of it when it flips up (if it would hit anything above it or the shifter when it comes out).

I think it will fit especially if you use the right angle RCA cables. I cant comment on the flip up screen as I have never had one. I will say that even though it not being all straight plug and play tapping into all the wiring etc. is not difficult and it is well worth it.

best to have soft RCA's coming out the back, or at least recessed hard plugs. pioneer uses soft.
I had a list of single D before depth wise, but I don't remember, right female female suck when you have 5 or six of them in a row. But they do work.
Better a shallow kenwood. The flip up screen down there (pioneer) that low is decent but I don't like it as a permanent solution. Must have a remote control!.
I still have that flip up pioneer- if someone wants to buy it. I just packed it in a box so I know exactly where it is.

Don’t do a flip out, too much modification and it won’t go flush

So here it is. I was having trouble getting adhesive to hold so I put a screw in each corner (might try to make another plate) and I need to pull the "wood" trim loose again and sand the edge a little more (my Dremel died during the process). Has a small gap because of the curved shape but you don't notice it unless you are looking from the side at pretty much a right angle. Overall I am very pleased and I can definitely live with the small gap and screws for the improvement. After all it is a 15 year old truck.

27427 (2).jpg

2786 (2).jpg

Oh yeah does anyone know what I need to unplug to completely eliminate the handsfree / blue tooth in the truck? It keeps trying to connect to my phone and the controls are gone in the touch screen to disable it. Maybe if I disconnect the battery and let it sit for a while?

the controls are greyed out? or just not there on the stock screen?
Did you remove or steal any wires from the 3 stock plugs at the back of the screen?
Is there a beep when it fails to connect? is that what's annoying? or just flashing a message on the screen?

you can unplug the ribbon connector on the right side steering wheel control pad. You can cut the wires to the stock microphone.
you can unplug or cut what's not needed in the m5,6,7 connectors behind the screen.
I have a list somewhere of the wires needed to extend the screen to a different location. That list would eliminate everything not needed except for back up cam signal and HVAC control. it depends how far you want to get into it.
The Bluetooth antenna is in the display screen box somewhere lined up next to a circuit board. There's very little mention of it in the FSMs of those years. More info is probably in the owners manual pamphlet, the operators manual that show how to set up BT.
If you want any wiring book pdfs for LX put a note up. I think I have the whole wiring book for a 2007 LX. which will be 99% the same as post 05/2005 prooduction.

here's a few.

They are no longer showing up on the screen at all. The annoying thing is on my phone. It keeps popping up wanting me to enter the code to pair.

Update for anyone that is interested in doing this conversion.

I have continued to have the truck attempt to pair with my phone. It appears that this blue tooth functionality is internal to the navigation screen and since I no longer have the navigation computer or tape deck in the truck I no longer have the settings in the nav screen to delete the phone.

Long story short, before you start go into settings and DELETE ANY PHONES YOU HAVE PAIRED WITH THE FACTORY BLUE TOOTH or it will constantly ping your phone.

Otherwise this may be the best mod yet on my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom