LX470 Accelerator Peddle Position Sensor (OBD-II P1120) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just but a 1998 LX470 with 250KMs (156K miles) and love it!!

The throttle went limp yesterday after and the engine light came on, after only 3 days of ownership..yikes! After shutting the engine off and on again it was fine but I'm worried about this. An OBD-II scan brought up P1120 Accelerator Peddle Position Sensor issue.

Will this fix it? --> RockAuto Parts Catalog --> /LEXUS/1998/LX470/4.7L V8Fuel/AirThrottle Position Sensor (TPS)

I also need engine hood support struts. Anyone know a good source?

Would anyone have a complete shop manual for this car? PDF? Or where to get one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

After some move work I have discovered my 1998 LX470 has three sensors on the throttle body.

Throttle Control Actuator (TCA) $215 (RockAuto.com)

Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) $53 (RockAuto.com)

Throttle Body Lever Sensor (TBL) ??

Anyone know which one is more likely to fail?

Some searches on MUD will get your questions answered. Here's a link to some threads on your throttle questions
TPS/APPS problems

I just but a 1998 LX470 with 250KMs (156K miles) and love it!!

The throttle went limp yesterday after and the engine light came on, after only 3 days of ownership..yikes! After shutting the engine off and on again it was fine but I'm worried about this. An OBD-II scan brought up P1120 Accelerator Peddle Position Sensor issue.

Will this fix it? --> RockAuto Parts Catalog --> /LEXUS/1998/LX470/4.7L V8Fuel/AirThrottle Position Sensor (TPS)

I also need engine hood support struts. Anyone know a good source?

Would anyone have a complete shop manual for this car? PDF? Or where to get one?

Thanks in advance for any help.
This just happened to my 99 LX470. What was your end result? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom