LX450 Chrome Center Caps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I bought my 80 about a year and a half ago and at the time did not know that chrome wheels were rare. One of the chrome center caps was missing and I thought, "oh no big deal I'll just buy one off someone else." I was wrong. I can't seem to find them anywhere and at this point, I'm contemplating making my own. Does anyone know where to find a new or used chrome center cap for a LX450? please help. I'm desprate.
center caps on.jpg

complete wheel.jpg
center caps.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,

I bought my 80 about a year and a half ago and at the time did not know that chrome wheels were rare. One of the chrome center caps was missing and I thought, "oh no big deal I'll just buy one off someone else." I was wrong. I can't seem to find them anywhere and at this point, I'm contemplating making my own. Does anyone know where to find a new or used chrome center cap for a LX450? please help. I'm desprate.
View attachment 2966168
View attachment 2966164View attachment 2966166
Good luck with that.

The good news is that no one wants the chrome wheels or caps, so you're bound to find someone with some for sale.

Look in the "Classified" section above in the "Wanted" and that may help, but your post here will also help.

I had the chrome LC wheels and they sucked. The chrome peeled and the aluminum corroded and they started leaking bad.

The chrome wheels were typically part of a Chrome Package for the LC, but the ones for the LX are a custom thing. They are even more rare than the LC chrome.

Search eBay they’re on there although you may have to replace all 4 if you want them to match. I don’t believe those are OEM anyway…

I have the same chrome OEM LX450 rims and was on the same mission. I bought these, they match perfectly and fitment is excellent: 1996-1998 Lexus LX450 Chrome wheel center caps Lexus hubcap Used 4 pc | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/333554143303

They aren't OEM but you wouldn't want OEM ones anyways, as the chrome finish on the center caps would've faded/peeled by now. See attached image for mine :)

View attachment 3000383
Thank you!!! I will be buying those

I have a somewhat different problem. My Dark Emerald Pearl LX450 came with the gold color Lexus logo on the center cap. I found one on e-bay where there was a glue-on gold logo, which worked fine. But since then I have either thrown off two caps or had them disappear while parked so am looking for more. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom