LX Subwoofer Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Source the audio from a speaker nearby or run it all the way to the head unit? I wonder if my head unit even has an output for it.
You'll want to source from a full range speaker, typically thats the rear doors. The line output convertor will give you the amp connection you need to give signal to the amp.
 
@Sajan what year do you have? The 08 09 10 are super easy and already have a full range line out/ 2V output at the amp or behind the HU.
 
@Sajan what year do you have? The 08 09 10 are super easy and already have a full range line out/ 2V output at the amp or behind the HU.
mine's a 2018. i have no clue how the back of the unit looks. i would guess it's similar??

I think the ML radio looks like this:

1790213808301.webp
 
In the 2013+ I believe that the audio framework for signal between the amp and HU changed to a CAN system and the full range low level L and R signal isn’t available anymore. It is hazy recollection as I don’t pay total attention to the generations beyond 1, so maybe search for some threads on that, there are a couple.
If your amp is still working then the best signal to grab is the existing high level sub output, and then add an amp with bass processing restoration such as the AudioControl Epicenter functionality.
 
Quick update...I was able to swap out my ML sub for a Rockford Fosgate R2D4-10 Prime R2 4-Ohm DVC 10” Subwoofer. Mine didn't have anything in it about a break-in period. Sound is good for the kind of music I like (rock/metal). I wasn't looking for a massive upgrade. Thanks so much for all of the information on this very niche bit of LX570 functionality!
My sub is blown as well in my 2011. I'm looking at sourcing that same fosgate driver. Did you do anything with a spacer and or new terminals?

I haven't opened anything up back there
 
Back
Top Bottom