LX rear ladder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do you guys think? Working on a new ladder concept. Finalizing the lower attachment, then getting it powder coated.

Cool. There is a small market for 80 series hatch ladders in the U.S., especially given Gobi's extreme slowness satisfying orders. How does it fasten to the truck? Are the wrungs welded or bolted to the vertical stays?

I like it, yet I’m sure my 300# Ass doesn’t need to be hanging on my rear hatch.

Just my 2¢, but the rungs on the ladder should probably be flat. Way easier on the feet when ascending up the ladder.

Like it but those grooves in the step will fill with fine dust, dirt, and ice. On the right track but not ready for market I’d say.

The cross bars are t-slot aluminum. Very versatile for attaching things to it.

I'm not sure I'd trust those steps, given that each one is held in place with only two skinny bolts, perpendicularly mounted to the forces that will be exerted on them. Perhaps add some corner gussets below each step? 80/20 has those available.

And I'll +1 that the steps should be horizontal for maximum comfort, although that will definitely take away from the aesthetics.

How's it attached to the vehicle? Looks like you might have drilled through the hatch for the lower support? Hope it's a reinforced mounting solution there.

I'm not sure I'd trust those steps, given that each one is held in place with only two skinny bolts, perpendicularly mounted to the forces that will be exerted on them. Perhaps add some corner gussets below each step? 80/20 has those available.

And I'll +1 that the steps should be horizontal for maximum comfort, although that will definitely take away from the aesthetics.

How's it attached to the vehicle? Looks like you might have drilled through the hatch for the lower support? Hope it's a reinforced mounting solution there.

Back when I weighted 345# I had no problem trusting those camp chairs that had a 225# capacity. I’ll trust an M8 bolt (even with shear forces) way more than one of those chairs.

Is the Top attachment point a bent over tab that hooks on the top of the hatch with an adhesive strip under it.
Yes. That is correct. The bottom attachment is used with brackets and industrial 3m tape. Doing a vigorous test this coming weekend on the mojave trail

Field tested on the Mojave trail. Worked amazing. Will get some better pics soon. Looking to go to market this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom