LX 570, no power from cigarette lighter/power outlet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:::UPDATE::: Problem ended up being the #26 fuse. Thanks to NYC570 for the tip!

The rear cigarette lighter and the one in my front center console (next to the usb and aux jacks) stopped working after one of my kids kicked out a power adapter that was plugged into the rear cig lighter. I checked the #1 fuse under the driver's side instrument panel and it looked okay. I replaced it anyways and my outlets still aren't working. Is there another fuse that I should be looking for? I want to avoid having to pull each fuse out one at a time to check.

Thanks in advance!

cig_zpst7wntv1z.jpg

Last edited:
Make sure there is not a fuse specific to the rear lighter outlet. I bet there is.

If nothing comes up, remove the socket, and check the wire connection to make sure it isn't loose.

Did you ever figure out which fuse it was?

Mine stopped working today and I only had time to check a few of the obvious fuses at the drivers footwell. They all seemed to be fine. Might be the weekend before I can really poke around but any hints would help.

Mine had this problem when I bought it. I checked fuse #1 and it was fine. The fuse that was blown was #26 which is the power outlet. After I replaced it all the outlets started working again.

Mine had this problem when I bought it. I checked fuse #1 and it was fine. The fuse that was blown was #26 which is the power outlet. After I replaced it all the outlets started working again.

I never figured out which fuse was blown. I'll take a look at the #26 fuse in the morning. Thanks for the info!

Thanks NYC570. I want to say I did check that one and it seemed fine.

In looking over all the fuse positions - Toyota Land Cruiser V8 200 – (2012) -fuse box | Auto Genius
I do think you are correct that it should be #26. I'll have to check again to make sure I didn't look at the wrong fuse.

I checked the following:
#1 CIG 15amp Cigarette lighter
#26 PWR OUTLET 15amp Power outlet
#31 INVERTER 15amp Inverter

@Lummie - would you mind editing the title to take out LX570? I believe the fuse architectures are the same between the LC and LX so this is relevant to them too. Just a matter of what circuits are populated in the fuse boxes. Sure wish our "#6 WINCH 5 No circuit" was filled.

@Lummie - would you mind editing the title to take out LX570? I believe the fuse architectures are the same between the LC and LX so this is relevant to them too. Just a matter of what circuits are populated in the fuse boxes. Sure wish our "#6 WINCH 5 No circuit" was filled.

I would totally do that but I think only Admin has privilege to do it.

I would totally do that but I think only Admin has privilege to do it.

Scroll back up to the top and drop down "Thread Tools" beside the "Watch Thread" on the top right. Edit Title is under the Thread Tools drop down. Admin and Thread Authors can change it.

Hope that fuse is the issue!

Scroll back up to the top and drop down "Thread Tools" beside the "Watch Thread" on the top right. Edit Title is under the Thread Tools drop down. Admin and Thread Authors can change it.

Hope that fuse is the issue!

Good news! It was the #26 fuse! Bad News... I still can't change the thread title for some reason. When I click on Thread Tools it only gives me the option to add a poll.

Gotcha!

03AFB524-CE98-447A-9792-6E02536ECCB5_zpsdcdlrkjd.jpg

I'm glad you found the culprit, but I strongly recommend that you use a plastic fuse puller, not steel pliers. If you drop that tool and it shorts out something, you will be unpleasantly surprised. Why risk that?

John Davies
Spokane WAs

I'm in the process of reorganizing 3 add-a-fuse circuits, and I was wondering if anyone knows what the fuses in this thread actually do.

if 26 is the rear AC plug, what does 31 do?

My 31 inverter stays on when the car is off.

#26 PWR OUTLET 15amp Power outlet
#31 INVERTER 15amp Inverter

Last edited:
The inverter is switched on the dash, so that is probably why it is always hot.
full disclosure: I didn't go look at the circuit

Both cigarette lighters were not working. #26 turned out ok but #1 was blown. I replaced it and now the cigarette lighter beside the USB works. The other cigarette lighter in the drop-down ashtray doesn't. Does that one not distribute electricity?

I haven't tested the AC plug in the cargo area. Frankly, I don't know what to use it for that is under 100w. What's a good use case?

This has been a really helpful thread. I think my issue miiiight #26.
Side note, is it a pain to replace an entire fuse box?
BFA8F4A2-7D59-49FF-B03B-435DA29284A4.jpeg

Update: turns out previous owner shoved in older style fuses in #26 + #27. Put in the correct ones and everything is working just fine 🤷‍♂️

Ok guys. Just had the same issue with the front and 2nd row cig lighter adapter slot having no power. I found the fuse block under the driver side panel. Is there any tips to get them out? First the fuse block is in a weird location. Second I have fat fingers. Can’t get them out.

If you are lucky, the fuse box has a fuse puller in it, assuming a previous owner didn’t move it. It’s a small white tweezer looking piece of plastic clipped into the fuse box near the spares.

If you are lucky, the fuse box has a fuse puller in it, assuming a previous owner didn’t move it. It’s a small white tweezer looking piece of plastic clipped into the fuse box near the spares.
You’re talking about the one in the engine bay right? Yes it’s there. That works for the one inside the cabin under the dash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom