LX 470 Memory Seat Buttons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed that only one of my memory buttons work on my 03 LX. Is this something that commonly fails? Would the fix be replacing the buttons, or do they communicate to something inside the ECU? Just not sure where to start.

Thanks,

Have you set a memory to the non-working button? I pulled the battery cables for a timing belt job and noticed that the memory had been erased on the buttons. They didn't do anything and needed to be re-programmed.

What’s the correct programming sequence?
Hold down set, and then hold down the button you wish to program (hold both) until you hear a tone. Iirc at least.

This needs to be done when you have everything adjusted.

Don't think so.

I noticed that only one of my memory buttons work on my 03 LX. Is this something that commonly fails? Would the fix be replacing the buttons, or do they communicate to something inside the ECU? Just not sure where to start.

Thanks,
Mine has the same issue FWIW. Memory 1 works fine, but not Memory 2.

Just tried mine and not getting anything. Is it typically the switch that fails and is it a lit switch?

On mine (2001 LX) it seems the key has to be in the "power" position but engine not on in order to program. Same to actually use the memory key to adjust seats if someone moves them.

My seat memory is basically, "as far back as I can get the damned thing," which makes it easy when somebody moves it... not like anybody else is allowed to drive my rig.

That’s pretty much how I have it too. Just bugs me when little things like this don’t work. I found a few replacement button assemblies on eBay. I might try one out to see if it solves the problem.

That’s pretty much how I have it too. Just bugs me when little things like this don’t work. I found a few replacement button assemblies on eBay. I might try one out to see if it solves the problem.
If you can, when you remove the old one, disassemble with pics. You could probably solder on new components if that truly is the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom