LX 450 Inbound (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sean:

You have a very cool rig - I unfortunately am in Toronto - a long way from the great skiing in Fernie  :tear:.

Would you mind shareing with me where you bought them ( Blower, ARB, etc ) and what the duty and shipping was like for any of the imports?  Fire me a PM or post here.  Some of the things I would like I'm worried that they will be prohibative based on shipping and duty, etc.

Cheers, Hugh

Hugh, I ordered the blower form Jay Marks Toyota in Houston Tx for $2150 us. Duty etc was about $300 cdn. I got the Arb bumper from Modern Motors in Calgary, $1050 cdn. Got the sliders from sleeoffroad when I went to Moab, (no shipping :)). Just got the rear bumper tire carrier from slee. Had to use a customs broker to get it in the country as well as obtain a NAFTA certificate of origin from slee. No duty for stuff made in the US. Shipping & handling was $325 US, but that shipment also included the slee transfer case skidplate, a set of J springs, shocks, swaybar blocks and brackets and brake lines for a total weight of 300 lbs. So it really was not too bad. I posted this in the forum so any other fellow Canadians will get the info as well.
Regards,
Sean

Hey thanks guys for all the info. Sean I really like your truck, it gives me hope that I can live with an LX and make it into a truely off-road machine.

I live in Fort Langley BC (near Van). So on the "Sliders" do they pivot down when stepped on? IF so very cool and practicle. I'm also surprised that you can get an LX with factory lockers.

Benie

Benie,
Rest easy man, the LX is a true FZJ80 in every way. A complete list of the differences has been posted a few times in this forum. Do a search if you're interested. Basically the differences are cosmetic or easily reversed (e.g. softer springs.)

Slee's sliders do not pivot down when stepped on.... thank goodness!
-B-

Ok guys now I'm learning. I just went to sleeoffroad.com. COOL! I've been stuck in a time warp with my BJ60.

Anyway here's another question - Can I use the slee sliders on a LX 450? I'm sure the answer is yes. BUT what about getting new mud flaps ()or replacing the 450 soccer mom ones). The Slee site say the TLC mad flaps won't fit. TRUE?

Benie

Benie, the front mudflaps will fit. I got mine from Jay Marks Toyota in Houston. They have a web site. Also John Hocker at www. sierratoys.com ??? may be able to help. The slee sliders fit perfectly. I had Christo bring mine to moab for cruise moab this spring and put them on in the campground in 15 min. By the way my brother lives in Ft Langley. You should not have too much trouble finding a LX 450 in that area. That is where I found mine on canadatrader.com . A friend of mine also bought one there about 3 weeks ago. Lockers and all. I think almost all of the ones brought to Canada came with lockers as I have not seen one without yet.
Regards,
Sean

76603-60021 RH FRONT

76604-60021 LH FRONT

Wouldn't know WHERE to find 'em 8)  I'll try remember the guy's name................ ::)

Oh, you can get painted versions from your Lexus dealer if you wish.

C-Dan regarding the mud flap numbers:

76603-60021 RH FRONT
76604-60021 LH FRONT

Are they good for a 95 as well?

please PM a price if that's not too much trouble. Ever ship to Canada?

Benie, for what it is worth and as a fellow Canadian, I have found I save lots of $$$ by ordering most OEM parts out of the USA. ie, fan fluid coupler $99.82 us vs $255.88 cdn or lower control arm bushings $29.00 us vs $75.00 cdn. Do the conversion and it pays for all the shipping related costs and leaves more cash in your pockets for more mods. Just call your local dealer get their price, call your favorite US dealer, and if it makes sence, order it.
Regards,
Sean.

Re:LX 450 Inbound (importing parts to CDN)

MTNRAT - when you imported US parts did you end up paying Canadian duties and if so how much. I'll think I'll do a test buy with the mud flaps and see what the costs end up.

Dealing with C-DAN has got to be worth a premium. ::)

Sometimes duty was charged and some times not. I cannot find any of the bills, but I just ordered the fan coupler and rear control arm bushings. By ordering from John Hocker at Sierra Toyota in Arizona, I am saving $270 cdn. That pays for alot of shipping and duty, brokerage fees etc. I will post back what I had to pay for this stuff to be brought in. Plus even if the price is close, Toyota Canada does not need to be rewarded for ripping us off.
Regards,
Sean

I'd love to hear your experience as well, I'm interested in ordering a number of parts from the US (from Dan :) ). I've heard that if you use US Post vs Courier and it's realtively small stuff = may not have to pay duty. Courier, you will pay brokerage fee, duty, etc.

When I ordered my cargo barrier, I did all the brokerage stuff myself - quite easy, but it did take some time and was quite easy to get an AUS manufactured item listed as from the US. While it saved me a few bucks, in the future I would probably use a customs broker again - my time is too valuable :D to wait in (I kid you not) THREE lines at customs

Cheers, Hugh (who must go to bed now :D)

For big stuff that requires shipping by truck I think you must use a customs broker. I had to when I ordered my slee rear bumper-tire carrier + other stuff for a total weight of 325 lbs. I think the brokerage fee was somewhere in the $150 cdn range. I had it shipped to a friends manufacturing company who already had a brokerage account, so there were some savings there.
Sean

[quote author=MTNRAT link=board=2;threadid=1690;start=30#msg31683 date=1060696315]
For big stuff that requires shipping by truck I think you must use a customs broker. I had to when I ordered my slee rear bumper-tire carrier + other stuff for a total weight of 325 lbs. I think the brokerage fee was somewhere in the $150 cdn range. I had it shipped to a friends manufacturing company who already had a brokerage account, so there were some savings there.
Sean
[/quote]

Not always the case.

I used one of the major NA Trucking Companies to ship the cargo barrier (no Courier would take it given that it fell outside of stock dimentions). The only reason I did the brokerage work myself was the trucking company called me when it was in their bonded warehouse and asked who my customs broker was. I told them I didn't have one and then they told me I could (1) find one or (2) do it myself. As I noted, I chose the later, but the PITA factor would have me use #1 in the future.

All of the couries cos and many trucking cos have an integrated brokerage arm that they want to use to make some extra $ - relatively easy for them as they file everything electronically and then charge us $100-$150 for the work.

Cheers, Hugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom