1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LV vs. Troopie frame q's

Discussion in 'FJ45 Owners Club' started by BMAN, Aug 24, 2006.

1. BMAN

BMAN

Media:
    Albums:
    Does anyone know the difference in wheelbase total length, width etc between a LV frame and a Troopie frame?

I have the 67 LV frame and have been thinking of strectching out a 40 to fit it. Kinda like a bobbed troopie deal. Of course the rear section of the frame would be the hang up point.

Anyway... what I'm looking for are actual dimemnsions of the LV frame vs a Troopie frame.

Thanks in advance.

Branden

2. 3_puppies

3_puppies SILVER Star

no dimensions,but my understanding is the LV frame is the same as a SWB pickup
    troopie frame is the same as a LWB pickup aprox18"? longer than above

3. Grease Cruiser

Grease Cruiser

The LV frame is 12" shorter in the wheelbase than that of a troopie. The body will be about 1.5 shorter than that of a troopie.

I have done just what you are talking about except on a SWB pickup frame. It is pretty sweet. Expect to see pics soon.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have Todd at Aqualu build you a custom 3/4 tub to fit exactly on your LV frame. Not a problem and does not cost much more than the 40 tub.

Good luck.

4. BMAN

BMAN

Media:
    Albums:
    We deffinately need pics bro. I've been kicking this idea around for a while and thought that it would make a sweet trail rig. Just like my 40 but withmore room for the famdamly.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">