Lower ball joint issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
So I just finished replacing several front end parts, inner and outer tie rods, lower ball joints, new UCAs and repacking bearings. I was just placed the wheels back on and set the truck back on the ground and the studs on my lower ball joints and contacting the inner wheel. Any reason this would be happening? Checked the fitment of LBJ and they are seated and c-clips went on without issue. I know the suspension geometry is off by a bit due to the new parts, but I feel like that wouldn't effect the spacing of the wheel and LBJ? Will include pics when I get back home.
Thanks.

What ball joints did you use? I did not have this problem with the 555 joints, but the bolt is pretty close to the wheel. There have been some reports of some aftermarket ball joints that needs the stud of the ball joint trimmed to clear the 16" wheels.

I used delpho brand. Unsure they were a rock auto special (last time buying from them) And I did grind about 2mm from the bottom of the stud. They still seem pretty close to the wheel. But I do have a bit more to grind before I come close to the cotter pin hole.

Here is a pic of the clearance on the drivers side

C1A819C4-F6B2-4266-863E-0A79B8A19032.jpeg

Unsure they were a rock auto special (last time buying from them)
Not RockAuto's fault that you bought an ill-fitting LBJ. They sell the 555s that we use and have no fitment issues with: More Information for ACDELCO 45D2347

555LBJ.JPG

Or you could just buy from Cruiser Outfitters to avoid any and all headaches...

Well when rock auto sends you four parts and 3 of the 4 ship broken I have a bit of an issue. But thanks for the advice. Looks like I’ll be pulling these out and slapping some new ones in.

Sorry to hear that - not a fun job to repeat for no reason other than ill-matching parts.

Good luck and don't forget to give the 555's a spritz of some paint or they will rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom