Low oil pressure light

• Thread starter 122wagon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
122wagon

122wagon

I have a 95 FJ80 with 260,000 miles. I’ve owned it for 22 years and love the truck. The low oil indicator intermittently started coming on. Oil pressure gauge is normal and oil level is full. Is it common for the sensors to fail?

Irish Reiver

Irish Reiver

SILVER Star
The sensor is located on the lower drivers side of the engine. Clean up the electrical connections and see if it makes a difference. Sensor is easy to remove and i am sure a test is fairly straightforward. Its a bit spendy if you need a replacement.

Shipwreck

Shipwreck

...And just to avoid any confusion, because the title of this thread is a bit misleading....
The oil level indicator light and sensor that @Irish Reiver mentions is not connected at all to your oil pressure guage and oil pressure sensor. They are on separate circuits.

Ozark80

Ozark80

Yeah this has started happening to me lately. Very common apparently, but shouldn't be too critical as long as you keep an eye on the dipstick.

I'd think it'd only a major issue if you somehow dumped all your oil and ignored the light in a boy-who-cried-wolf scenario, but that seems unlikely.

122wagon

122wagon

The sensor is located on the lower drivers side of the engine. Clean up the electrical connections and see if it makes a difference. Sensor is easy to remove and i am sure a test is fairly straightforward. Its a bit spendy if you need a replacement.
Thank you. I’ll give it a look