Low mile FJ62 Spotted- Identity wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yjeff

AZ to Alaska to Argentina in Land Cruisers '12-'16
Threads
Website
www.overlandtheworld.com
IMG_5867.JPG
IMG_5868.JPG
Anybody know the owner of this rig? Parked near the Scottsdale Airpark, it looked perfect and had only 42k miles on the Odo.

Pretty cool. The red and white plate indicates that the current owner has had it for a while. Think those are 80's/90's vintage after the copper and black letter 70's plates. Can't remember when DMV retired that plate design/color combo. If thats 80's could be an original owner. Only thing I can see on it non-factory is the "Aussie" (Yes, I know wrong name) mirrors. Otherwise seems pretty stock - sitting at the non lifted height, etc. Good luck on tracking down that owner!

Glenn in Marana

Beautiful!

Pretty cool. The red and white plate indicates that the current owner has had it for a while. Think those are 80's/90's vintage after the copper and black letter 70's plates. Can't remember when DMV retired that plate design/color combo. If thats 80's could be an original owner. Only thing I can see on it non-factory is the "Aussie" (Yes, I know wrong name) mirrors. Otherwise seems pretty stock - sitting at the non lifted height, etc. Good luck on tracking down that owner!

Glenn in Marana

Correct mirrors for a FJ62, those are not the style referred to as Aussie mirrors. Looks like it has three point seat belts in the back row. Would make it at least a 89. Bought mine in 93 and at that time the plates stayed with the vehicle. So mine has had the same plate since first registered. By the date tags are do my FJ62 was first registered October 89, start with J so this plate is older. 69 to 72 the AZ plates were yellow with black lettering. 73 until sometime in the eighties AZ plates were orange with green lettering. This is the last plate that was replaced when new plate came out. The copper with red lettering are historic Vehicle plates still issued today for vehicles over twenty-five years old for a extra $25 a year charge. To confuse things even more you can now use old plates from previous years. Been using my 68's orange and green plates it had on it in 74 on my 70 FJ40. Changing them to earlier plates this month. I"ll use those on my 68 or possibly my 73. 73 hasn't been registered since before the maroon and with white lettering came out. Still had orange plates when I bought it.

Good info. I couldn't remember the 73 plates were copper or yellowish. My Dad has them on the cars that I remember when we moved her in 74. My first cars in 85 had the red and white plates. Didn't remember the orange and green ones from inbetween. I have the copper/red historic on my 84 XJ6 so they are rather different than the 73 vintage plates. Somewhere's I still have one of the red/white plates from my 69 Austin-Healey Sprite. Got that in 1990 as a bday present from my dad.

Glenn in Marana

Here is a picture of the yellow with black lettering plate.

IMG_2514.JPG

Not the plate I plan on using. The one I'm going to use I have plate made just before it. What are the chances of looking on eBay and finding 40 plus year old sequential plates on two different auctions at the same time.

Looking on Ebay AZ license plates | eBay I see a orange and green plate and maroon and white plate with 82 tags. If that's true sometime in 81 is when the change to maroon. It's also means my 73 was last registered in 81. I need to go thru my collection of plate to see if I have a maroon plates I'm not sure where they came from. I have a set of orange plates I thought came off it. I was going off the late eighties as the last time it was registered.:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom