Low Fuel Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have never seen the low fuel light come on my 96 LC. That said, even when my gauge is reading a solid E, it has never taken more than 20 gallons to fill up. How can I check to see that the Low Fuel light is actually operational? Does the low fuel light illuminate when you initially turn the ignition on? If so, my light must not be working because it doesn't illuminate then.

As always, thank you for the help.

Keep driving?

:idea:

It comes on with 5 gallons left (supposed to). Tank capacity is 25 gallons. Run it longer! :)

The tank is 25 gallons.
As far as the light, really 5 gallons the light comes on?

Mine looks like solid E before the light comes on.

Just filled it up tonight. No light yet. It took 19 gallons.

The tank is 25 gallons.
As far as the light, really 5 gallons the light comes on?

That is what I've been told by very reliable sources...

I tested it just last night. My light came on and I was a block from my usual gas station. I filled it up and it took 20.17 gallons including "topping it off".

We were just discussing this the other day in another thread. There is a way to modify when the light comes on. Not sure it is worth the work...

My gauge is solid on the E when the light comes on. I know because I have had the light come on just before a fill and it was 20.xx gallons. I have also coasted to the pump out of gas and put in 25.3 gallons. So, yes, my light comes on at 5 gal.

On the interstate my light comes on at about 300 miles. Most recently I refilled with 365 miles on the trip clock and put in just over 24 gallons. These were all highway miles on the interstate. No around-town driving on this tank.

Around-town driving it comes on with about 215/230 on the trip clock. fwiw :meh:

Reset your trip clock at your next fill up and make it a point to drive at least 245 before fill up if your doing a mix of town and highway. It should turn on (I would think).

Mine comes on at around 21 gallons used or around 280 - 310 miles

That's good to here that the light comes on at 5g. I thought it was 2g & with me getting 10 mpg that's scary. 50 miles till empty is a good buffer.
Thanks all.

Mine comes on at roughly 5 gallons. In my other vehicles its no big deal but when it comes on in the cruiser I get range anxiety. As soon as it comes on I'm looking for a gas station.

My light comes on when the needle is about a "needle's width" below the E slash, and at first it only comes on when stepping on the brakes. Over about 20 more miles, it finally stays on steady, and at that point it takes about 21 gallons to fill up.

My light does NOT come on (as a test of dash lights) when turning the key on. It only comes on when the tank is low enough.

My light comes on when the needle is about a "needle's width" below the E slash, and at first it only comes on when stepping on the brakes. Over about 20 more miles, it finally stays on steady, and at that point it takes about 21 gallons to fill up.

My light does NOT come on (as a test of dash lights) when turning the key on. It only comes on when the tank is low enough.

Thank you for the information about the light only coming on when the tank is low enough. Now it is time for me to drive it a little farther! ;)

Way to make him nervous.

It should be 5 gallons. I haven't heard of a lot of people having the fuel light reminder go out. That's not to say it couldn't but it isn't exactly a bulb that gets used a lot (Like the D light).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom