SOLD Los Angeles - 1978 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Los Angeles, California 91326 United States
Mileage
Color
silver
Up for sale is my 1978 FJ40. I have owned the truck almost 5 years. Its an original blue plate Cali truck. Clean title in my name.

Originally Dune Beige. Previous owner (unfortunately) resprayed silver. Luckily they didnt do the engine bay or jams, so would be easy to revert to original color. Truck is pretty low rust. There is some rust under the rear doors. My plan was to buy the new stamped sheet metal and cut out the old and in with a new piece. The body is straight with some minor body work required on the drivers door and the rear doors. Interior is all original. Seats need to be reupholstered. There are some brackets welded to the frame where i believe the previous owner had some sort of plow attached to the truck at some point. This truck was mainly used around a farm in Big Bear Lake.

Items that still need to be addressed:
Smog pump disconnected, if out of state, no problem, but in CA would need to be reverted back
very minor oil leak. I have address most common seals, but need to look into where the seepage is coming from. Its a few drops a week
muffler has seen better days. I believe it to be original to the truck
Drivers side side step should be replaces. Some corrosion. new steps are pretty cheap

ASKING $22,000.00 OB0
happy to answer any questions 818-642-5826

I have put a lot of money into this 40 and she runs and drives great. Below is a list of all the Work done within my ownership. Work was all done at K&H Imports a local TLC shop, i have receipts for all the items mentioned below:

New clutch kit, clutch master and slave
New rear main seal
New transfer case reseal
New lift kit with new shocks (SkyJacker) 2.5 in. Suspension Lift System with Black MAX Shocks
Front and rear differential reseal
Refurbished intake manifold
Refurbished radiator
Removed fuel take cleaned and refurbished
New water pump and thermostat
Valve adjustment
New brakes front and rear
New front calipers
All new gear fluid
New BF Goodrich AT tires

PXL_20221005_185121092.jpg

PXL_20221005_185127998.jpg