For Sale Los Angeles: 1965 FST FJ40 "Dirtbag" (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@seth would you trust this on a road trip?
With a new set of tires, yes! Also bear in mind that I have only put about a hundred miles on the motor since it sat for a while, so there's no doubt it might need a few timing, valve, or carb adjustments along the way. It would certainly be an adventure!

@seth would you trust this on a road trip?
Road trip you say? lol 😆. There’s no doors, no windshield, or hardtop or roll bar. The sill & ass end looks like it may fall off if you go over 25 mph 🥴. I wouldn’t feel comfortable going over 10 mph around the block. Getting on the highway in the dirtbag is a death wish for sure.
Definitely tow it if you want to survive a road trip. ⛑

Last edited:
Road trip you say? lol 😆. There’s no doors, no windshield, or hardtop or roll bar. The sill & ass end looks like it may fall off if you go over 25 mph 🥴. Getting on the highway in the dirtbag is a death wish for sure.
Definitely tow it if you want to survive a road trip. ⛑
Oh ye of little faith. 🤣

How bad is the rust?
It's bad in the usual spots... rear sill, rear quarters, tailgate bottom, driver and passenger side rockers. If I recall correctly, there has been a repair in the driver's side floorboard. The frame has surface rust that you would expect. Take a look at the pics on page one of this thread to get a sense of things. I really love it in the current condition. It looks like it's been through hell and back, but it's really quite solid.

Buyer preference, of course!

HelloKitty65

SILVER Star
If you wanted a hardtop option, I have [edit. had] a period correct corrugated sides, rear bifold door and cap for this year if that's what's holding anyone back. Super reasonable. Near Portland OR. We can't all live in sunny Cal and drive topless.

Last edited:

gorgor

SILVER Star
Hmmmm. This could motivate me to finally put my pig project up for sale. I've been yearning for a patina project to have as a summer runabout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom