Looking to purchase an 06' with 250k miles and perfect service records

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by thex2, Mar 29, 2017.

1. thex2

thex2

Media:
    Albums:
    I found a 2006 with perfect service records that has 250k+ miles on it. I'm going to check it out again today. The interior is pretty beat up but the exterior is nice. I was planning on purchasing the vehicle and fully replacing the interior leather seats, arm rests, etc... as well as replace the carpets and the headliner. Just wanted to get some opinions of value. I know it's hard without pictures, but just picture a vehicle that's mint on the outside, fully serviced throughout it's life, single owner and just warn interior. Most people probably wouldn't replace the interior of the vehicle, but I want a brand new interior. I don't know what bells and whistles it has, so assume the minimal. Any help on value is much appreciated. Thanks.

2. thex2

thex2

Media:
    Albums:
  3. Sandroad

Sandroad SILVER Star

Carfax secondary link doesn't work. Do you have a link to an ad?

4. thex2

thex2

Media:
    Albums:
  5. Mark WV

Mark WV

Media:
    Albums:
    I just purchased an 06 LC, 1 owner, 183,000 miles with perfect body and interior for $11,500. also had great dealer service history.

I would figure the interior to run $1,500 - $2000 range. The carfax / service records on the one you were looking at do add to the value however.

The dealers price of $9,800 is in the ballpark - however you can probably find another florida one for under $12k with lower miles and less interior work needed. Keep up the search and good luck

6. jerryb

jerryb

Media:
    Albums:
    06 LC, 1 owner, 183,000 miles with perfect body and interior for $11,500
    What was wrong with it? Or was it just that great of a deal?

7. Mark WV

Mark WV

Media:
    Albums:
    Just one of those once in a lifetime deals - small rural dealer had picked it up at auction - they were asking $14,900. which was probably a reasonable retail price. the suspension was horrible- hard as a rock - test drove it and realized the globes were probably shot.
    I pointed out the AHC suspension problem - I suspect they got an estimate from the local toyota dealer to fix the AHC and had a heart attack as they called me back a few days later and I convinced them to let it go for what they had in it - $11,500. with the new bridgestone tires they had put on....

On the drive home from the dealer I stopped to check air pressures and realized the tire shop had them inflated to 80 psi which certainly contributed to the harsh ride I experienced on the test drive.

I was able to pick up an entire AHC suspension takeoff from a member here on Ih8mud that had 3k miles for $850 +2 tins of AHC fluid from the toyota dealer - after changing out just the globes and fluid, it rides like new now.

LouisianaRubicon and jerryb like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.