Looking For Recommendation for Best On-Road, No-Lift Suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know, people keep asking this on an off-road forum. But for the relatively limited amount of off-road use (4-5 times a year) that my GX sees, I’ve always been perfect satisfied with the stock suspension.

My stock suspension is beat at this point, so, what I’m looking for is something that feels best on-road, and still gets the job done with some overlanding and some occasional rugged terrain.

I’m keeping the air bags for now, haven‘t had any issues with them. They were replaced at 80k miles, and I’ve got about 150k now.

Zero lift needed, nor desired. Want to keep stock ride height.

Don’t do any towing. Truck isn’t loaded down with any aftermarket gear, with the exception of OPOR sliders.

So, which kit do people feel offers the best on-road performance in relation to handling, cornering, braking, etc? I’m looking for whatever is most similar to the “Sport” setting the stock electronic suspension has.

Open to adjustable shocks (damping, not ride height), should I need to make adjustments for extended off-road travel. Budget is a consideration however, so not sure that’s in the cards. (EDIT: budget is $2k, so sounds like adjustable compression is off the table)

As far as what I‘d need to keep it as simple as possible, I assume I need new struts(edit) up front, and then just new shocks in the rear?

Also, mine’s got KDSS, which I love and has been trouble free.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Koni from all dog off road or stock adjustable replacement. There is a knockoff adjustable from luftmeister. Not sure how good are they.

Echoing the oem suggestions. Gotta figure it lasted…125xxx+ miles while providing phenomenal on road behavior. Snag oem and keep enjoying it!

At 150k it is probably also a good idea to replace all of your front and rear control arms, tie rod ends, sway bar end links, etc. The rubber bushings are probably getting cracked and worn at this point.

At 150k it is probably also a good idea to replace all of your front and rear control arms, tie rod ends, sway bar end links, etc. The rubber bushings are probably getting cracked and worn at this point.
^ This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom