looking for info on doing a "Diff Push" on straight axle truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been searching unsuccessfully for some details before I start this project, but to preface I have a 1986 LN65 with basically factory suspension which I intend to keep for the time being ( factory leaf + Solid axle)

I went up in tire size from 31 to 33" and now I have a small amount of rubbing at flex while turning, no surprises there.

I've read a popular option to fix this with my setup is to simply move the axle forward on the leaf a little bit, I understand the job but had a few specific questions that I wanted to think about before I dive in.

1: How far forward is optimal? , I heard ranges from 15mm to 35mm..
2: do you put the drive shaft spacer in the diff side or the transfer case side and should it be the same width as the diff is pushed forward?
3: will my factory steering need adjustment or will it be as simple as just adjusting the drag link to center the wheels?
4: whats the best option for relocating the bump stops? move on the frame or relocate to the axle?

IMG_6682.PNG

Thanks in advance

Ryan

1. The perches are already drilled.
2. Spacer isn't necessarily required. Its more dependent on whether or not the DL slip will pull out while working.
3. AFAIK OE SA DL doesn't have adjustment. You are world market though so not 100% here.
4. Redrill the bumps to match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom