Looking for Cruiserdan! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is no hate thread, just some advice about smart shopping and relationships.

Since we have been off topic (becoming chat worthy if it wasn't for the part number in the 2nd post). This is a story that is in no way related to this topic. A true Hijack but it does remind me of what happened at my boy's local school:

A few years ago my wife was on the PTA (or PAC as we Canucks call it) and they decided to host a spring barbeque event with the families and staff. The group decided to do some fund raising to help offset the costs. The PTA/PAC group decided to go around to the local businesses in our town (very small town) and ask for donations. My wife and I hate this practice because we know how marginal most of the small shops are. She tried to talk the group out of doing this with no luck. :rolleyes:

They went to the local grocery store and as usual and got a good donation. So now they have raised like $500 and need to buy a bunch of hot dogs, hamburgers, pop, etc.

When it came time to buy the goods, the group wanted to go charging off to a different store a few miles away in a different town to maybe save a few $$. My wife was just floored :mad:. You can't ask businesses for help and then take your biz elsewhere. It came out that most of the advocates for the donations didn't even shop locally. Sheese.... :rolleyes:

Now I've got to go buy some clothes for a wedding that I need to go to. Just hope Woody has still got some T-shirts left. I need to help offset the cost of that hardware upgrade for hosting this forum. ;)

Riley

P.S. I price shopped once in the beginning on this site, just to make sure that it was worth driving across the border to a friends place (have a coffee and chat about cruisers), pay the duty, taxes and gas.

Now if I need it, I just call Dan and say send it. Next week I need to get Ben on the phone and get those Slee sliders on order. 8)

[quote author=MoJ link=board=2;threadid=11153;start=msg101437#msg101437 date=1076263598]
Yikes! Feel the love.... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yes, actually do.

Ever notice how any time someone, whether intentional or unintentionally, sounds like they are taking advantage of someone we appreciate, we all let that person know how we feel? That is no accident, it is the loyalty that decent folk have towards those they receive help from and/or consider valuable friends and resources. There is not much I could ever do to help someone like Christo or Cdan, but I will always step in, even when uninvited, to let folks know if I think they are out of line. Yes, I may offend some, and that's a shame, but that's the way I am. That's also why I try to stay out of this section as much as possible any more, 'cause I know some of you prefer not to read the opinions that may have a little sharp end to them.

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=11153;start=msg101446#msg101446 date=1076264903]
That's also why I try to stay out of this section as much as possible any more, 'cause I know some of you prefer not to read the opinions that may have a little sharp end to them.
[/quote]

Fawk 'em, Junk.

I'm not sure what you meant with "I don't want to know what part #s are. If I do want them in the future, I'll be sure to get them through you." The part numbers had already been posted 5 hours ago, so not sure if you missed this?

I think it's worth pointing out the high service level you got here. On a Sunday morning (!) you requested a Toyota p/n and got it in 2 hours from a certified
nutcase whoops, I mean certified Toyota Parts expert. While sipping a cup of joe and with no need to leave the house. That's the same level of effort to get your part shipped, and it's always the correct part - no "whoops, we ordered the 4Runner belt...".

We're all fortunate to have CDan as a resource. That resource should be both protected and rewarded, and while I think 97 got a bit more than was needed I'm sure he's up to speed now. Cheers to all.

DougM

I haven't had time in a while to read every post. I check most out initially, and then stop looking at them. Then I see a topic that should have had 3 posts.

Simple Q
Simple A
thanks

and it has two dozen. Sheesh! no wonder we have so many more posts than the 40 Tech.

I can understand the guy wanted to get them locally if he could. He was given advice to look up CDan on the forum and did so. CDan also gave him the advice to go with Christo as it was a good source.

Everybody go have a :beer: and chill out. No need to pile on the newb.

to get back on the subject,
Dan,
I found this in the glove box, the part # is 58742-60032
any idea where it goes?? ??? :D
:D hell he probably knows what it is! :rolleyes:
i was just doing a test on that Sunday afternoon service :D

Eduardo,
Not to speak for Cbizkit, but it may help to either post a pic, or let him know what it looks like or is before he looks up everything in his inventory. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom