Looking for Cruiserdan! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.theharshtruth.com
Hi Cruiserdan,

I was referred to you by the "offroadkid" on the Cruizers.com site. He says that you're the Toyota part # Guru.

Anyway, I'm trying to find out the "actual" Toyota part # for the "OEM 80 Series cupholder" & the "center diff lock switch" also for the 80 Series FZJ80.
cupholder.jpg
centerdiff.jpg

I know they're both being sold by Slee Offroad, but was just curious to see if my Toyota dealer can even get them, and I would like to compare the prices.

Thanks in advance!
lbylc.jpg

Well,

You found him. ;) This type of question would usually be asked in a PM but that's ok 8)

welcome to the board. What year is your vehicle?

Hmmmm, OK. I'll go out on a limb and say it's a '97 :rolleyes:

Both the cupholder and the diff lock switch were not fitted to Cruisers in the North American market by Toyota. Of course they can be retro-fitted.

Christo is a regular contributor to the list and is a valuable resource. His pricing is quite fair.

Remember: Cheapest is not always best, especialy when you need after-the-sale technical assistance.

Cupholder: 55620-60010

Switch: 84725-60040

:cheers: D-

This is so funny. The first post by the newb and he's already price shopping some of the least expensive things you'd ever buy for the 80.
nononono.gif

Seriously now dude, Cdan is a super guy and so is everyone that works at Slee Off Road.

If you are going to price shop every little thing, then please do so OFF the forum via PM or email.

As Cdan mentions, cheap does not always equate to smart. You will get more than great prices from both Cdan and Christo's. If you try to save $1 by buying somewhere else, then I hope you don't have the nads to come back here and ask for help. BTW, Cdan is a parts dealer. And here you are asking him for help to see if your local dealer can get the parts cheaper! You should be ashamed of yourself.

In case there is any doubt, yes, this is intended to be a rant. Perhaps the mods will erase it, and it is obviously their right to do so.

I'm with Junk. Flame on -

It's real tacky to pull advice and part numbers from one resource and then go price shop locally. If the local parts guy can't even tell you the part number then screw him. He doesn't deserve your biz.

C-Dan is always helping out with part numbers but we should all be careful to not take advantage of it. You should think about the fact that it takes his time to look this stuff up and in the real world of biz, this has a real cost.

When I was a youngster, I might have done the same thing but soon learned the reality of the world. Give your biz to the people that deserve it.

Flame off.....

Riley

edit - Welcome to the board 97, :cheers: Sorry to rant but sheese .....

By the way, I bought my switch from Slee. He's got instructions on his site for the install. It was either Slee or Dan.

97, I thought about my response and whether or not I should delete it. I do tend to be a bit more aggressive, when it comes to this stuff than others, but believe I'm spot on with this.

I may not have been so quick to judge, but you need to realize that we all get tremendous service, advice and a lot of knowledge from guys like Christo and his crew as welll as Cdan and others.

You coming in here and with your very first post indicating that you feel a need to save $1 or $2 on parts just shows that you are being too near-sighted. I understand not wanting to pay a lot of money, but you need some better tact and I believe (my opinion stated here) that you need a better understanding of value. Both of the above offer superlative prices and service. They also spend a lot of time on the phone helping people. Being that your local dealer can't even find the right part, doesn't that at least partially show you right there?

There is nothing wrong with getting price comparisons. Do you guys go out and pay the first price you see for something? When shopping on the web do you buy from only the first web site you find the product? I don't.

I've spent plenty of money at the local Toyota parts counter, the online Toyota parts guys, and Slee. I've gotten good service from all of the above. Given Toyota's generally high parts prices, it is very reasonable to compare before buying.

Rich

That is true if anyone would sell you the stuff. However here he is asking a favor from one dealer (get me the part numbers) so that he can take them to another dealer and see if they will use the information Dan provided to make a profit. That other dealer had been too lazy to get the numbers themselves.

To do that in one's first post IS a little tacky. I wonder if he will even show the decency to thank Dan for the information.

...and now I just want to say to Dan, thank you for this invaluable service you do for the members of this board. I am sure glad to have a parts guy that not only will get me the right parts when I need them but will also dispence great advise to the project I have at hand. Even though this area is probably the Cruiser capitol in the United States - none of the local dealers display any knowledge of them. Cheers Dan :cheers:

Sean, read the first post again. I don't think the new guy even knew that Dan is a Toyota parts dealer.

What I don't get is somebody new to this site getting dumped on for a simple question.

Rich

Maybe more sensible approach would have been to ask the forum members for the part numbers, or the dealers they have dealt with for the same parts in the past and how much they had paid for the them.

mot

Jeezzzus Christ!!!!

I didn't expect to come back with everyone on my case.

Relax Everyone!!! No harm, no foul!

I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone foot. Now that I know who is who a little bit on this forum, I'll watch what I post next time. Thanks to those for keeping in check.

I didn't know it was such a touchy subject for everyone.

Let me first say, "CruiserDan, thanks but no thanks." You are a class act. You didn't have to give out those part #s due to my "tacky" post. No worries, I can live without those parts. I've gone without them before, I can live without them now. I don't want to know what part #s are. If I do want them in the future, I'll be sure to get them through you.

Sean,

I do have the decency to thank people who help others. I'm not like you or others you know who are like that.

hmmmm ya need to take a look around Gig Harbor ;) population like 25k, over 200 Cruisers I suspect if not more, heck on my street(and not counting mine) there are 5 late model 80s and 6 100's.....and one 40.........my street is less than a mile long. in town there are 4+ fj45's, a few 55's, a but load of 62's....a few 60's and a ton of 40's, even have a bj70 that summers down here ;)

just givin ya crap :D and getting of the newbie bashing..........

[quote author=SeanAndHis80 link=board=2;threadid=11153;start=msg101083#msg101083 date=1076194534]
Even though this area is probably the Cruiser capitol in the United States - none of the local dealers display any knowledge of them. Cheers Dan :cheers:
[/quote]

[quote author=97fortieth4me link=board=2;threadid=11153;start=msg101110#msg101110 date=1076199155]
...Sean,

I do have the decency to thank people who help others. [/quote]

My apologies. :cheers:

I'm not like you or others you know who are like that.

WTF does that mean?

Landpimp -

Population around here is closer to 5 million people in 1377 sq miles and that does not include Manhatten, Conneticut or New Jersey. Paradise - no, cruisers - yes. If you do a nationwide search for an 80 or 100 you this area well above average. You can always find one for sale. 40s & 60s are a different matter altogether.

[quote author=Rich link=board=2;threadid=11153;start=msg101102#msg101102 date=1076198188]
Sean, read the first post again. I don't think the new guy even knew that Dan is a Toyota parts dealer.

What I don't get is somebody new to this site getting dumped on for a simple question.

Rich
[/quote]

Rich you've got a good point. Later today (at my boy's soccer game) I was thinking gee.. the guy might not have even known Dan was a parts dealer. I also agree nothing wrong with smart shopping.

It was just like sheese... first post, gotta check prices.....

We all know Dan's price would have been better than fair, and the question should have been in a PM asking for part # & price.

97 sorry about that bud...the :beer: :beer: :beer: is on me. Oh and you do need the switch someday and heck Dan doesn't care anyway, he loves looking up numbers (it's excuse to run up his post count ;)). I lost my mind for a bit..welcome

[quote author=Rich link=board=2;threadid=11153;start=msg101065#msg101065 date=1076191893]
When shopping on the web do you buy from only the first web site you find the product? I don't.[/quote]

If it's for a truck part, yes. When I was working, I would not even ask the price. I only deal with top notch guys and trust them 100%. If I needed an EGR valve, just call up Cdan and give him my info and ask him to ship it. Did I call around? No. No reason to. Get a great price, I know I get the right product, and I get it from someone who is a top notch bloke.

You'll notice one thing that Christo's shop and Cdan have in common. They rarely feel the need to step in and defend themselves. They know they are good guys, and we know it too. Christo, and his crew and Cdan are all the type of guys that would do anything for anyone regardless of whether you bought anything from them or not. Thank goodness for guys like that. Yes, they also share other things like great service etc too.

Yes, CDan and SleeOffRoad are great people. I have not bought from them, but they are on my list to buy things from. If I can help independent dealers like these that aren't big corporations then I would. If I could buy parts from them then I would. If Toyota doesn't come thru soon then i'm hitting them up.
Also, i've asked Slee several questions and got answers from him in less then a day. He sounds like a great person, therefore, when I get the money then i'm going to buy my lift from him.

When I got my first LC 87fj60 I only new my local Toyota dealer and one mail order Toyota dealer. That was fine for me as the 60 didn't need much $$$$ to keep it running.
When I got the 80, it needed mega $$$ as it almost needed a ground up rebuild.
There ware many places to get parts; Downey,MAF,SOR being the big ones.There were mamy online discount Toyota parts dealers, I tried many till I found one that I was happy with. Then when the MUD came on line the cream rose to the top that being cdan and slee.
When a newby comes along, all the vendors big and small look the same. So it is natural to go with the cheapist one.

[quote author=Rich link=board=2;threadid=11153;start=msg101102#msg101102 date=1076198188]

Rich
[/quote]

True. I am sorry for reading into it and giving 97 some flak. However, maybe offroadkid should have mentioned that Dan was a dealer when he suggested asking him for part numbers.

Hey guys, I didn't know this was going to cause such a BIG hate session. I was on the Cruizer Board and came across 97's post "Does anyone know the Toyota part# for these?" My first reaction was, "Tell him to ask CDan!" I never imagined it would come to this!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom