Looking for an RTT... new or used on the island... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I'm considering an RTT for a road trip in early July with the family. If anyone knows of any good retailers or used ones... Let me know! Must hold at least 2 adults min.

Thanks,

Chris

How big are the kids? Maybe talk to PeeZed, he did a bunch of research lately, and has two kids

Thanks, will do. The kid is almost 5 but the real test is if it can hold my fat head up there! With a tent up top, I can easily create 1 sleeping spot in the truck while leaving room for storage.

If you need it after the 10th, you can borrow mine. It's a autohome Columbus, it's a queen size essentialy.

I need it until the 10th though.

Thanks, super generous! ... but I'll be leaving on the 3rd and returning on the 15th.

I've pretty much left this too late but once I started adding up my hotel and B&B's I could easily buy one of these. If only I clued into this earlier...

will do!

Peden sell James Baroud RTT's as well. If you can rent, that would be a really good idea to test a model out.
They are a hardshell but make some pretty large ones.

Those are really nice RTT's... and very expensive too! I am going to try and visit Peden today or tomorrow and renting is certainly an option.

Thanks!

Visited Peden today at lunch, the tent in the link supplied by burnz is not bad, especially give it's price. The only weak point which was highlighted by their demo unit is the floor of the side which folds out. It was buckled a bit, likely by a guy my size... no problem though as it can easily be reinforced. I think I might pull the trigger on it...

Cruiserpilot: I didn't see the James Baroud RTT's there, they only had the tents... I would have liked to see them, even if they are out of my price range at the moment.

Visited Peden today at lunch, the tent in the link supplied by burnz is not bad, especially give it's price. The only weak point which was highlighted by their demo unit is the floor of the side which folds out. It was buckled a bit, likely by a guy my size... no problem though as it can easily be reinforced. I think I might pull the trigger on it...

Cruiserpilot: I didn't see the James Baroud RTT's there, they only had the tents... I would have liked to see them, even if they are out of my price range at the moment.

Kinda curious, what brand is this folding tent? Tepui has dealers in Canada now, MUD members get a discount. But with
exchange, the price is kinda goofy. Tepui Tents by North Shore Off-road | 1-866-507-5674
I had to add the webpage, but it looks like they just took full US retail, added exchange and taxes. Crazy!

No branding... however if you look at the design carefully and compare it to many of the major brands it resembles them very closely. Where the differ will be in build quality and materials. Peden said they are ordering them factory direct which could mean they are made in or near the same place brand name samples are available... For my purpose of a road based, summer trip it will work fine. I can see myself reinforcing the floor before I leave but that's about it.

Can't argue with the price. I do know it's nice to be able to camp with no worries about finding that
'perfect level spot - that's DRY!'

Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom