Looking for a garage and/or help to swap parts off my dead cruiser in Vancouver area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, Im sure most of you saw my post about being on a road trip and having my motor die. I found an HJ60 that Im buying and need to remove some good things from my cruiser to swap in before I go home. Wanting to leave back to California as soon as I have the things I need off my cruiser. I need to pull my complete axles tires and suspension so they can come off as a whole unit and swap them into the HJ, need to cut and reweld my exhaust on to the HJ so I don't die of exhaust poisoning on the way home, and if possible Id like to pull my clutch from my FJ60 which is brand new... don't necessarily need to install it in the HJ right now, would be up for it but I could also deal with that later. Think that's it? Anywho, If someone has a lift, or good workspace and is able to help it would be much appreciated, Im almost done with this headache. As far as the carcass of the 60, I post up in the 60 series section about what parts are left, But anything left over you guys would be entitled to first dibs. Frame is best part for you guys and Id give a good deal on it. Steve at EBI said I could leave it here for a monthly fee, but if anyone has property that wants the frame and wouldn't mind it being there while it is parted out that would be ideal. Feel free to come by EBI over the next couple day if you have interest even if you cant assist. Thanks in advance,
-Dave

*** as incentive, I cant afford much after having to buy another cruiser, but I can afford a case of cold ones and throw some bucks for whoever helps

Last edited:
Bummer, I'm on the island, and not home for 10 days yet. Wish I could help.

hey Dave, good to hear you got the truck. so you decided agains towing your rig home?
wish I could help you but I don't even have enough room for my stuff. if you need a hand tomorrow evening I could pop by after work and help you for a few hours.

Mat

Hey Mat, yeah currently in the process of sorting out the hj60. Towing mine home on a dolly or flatbed for 3000kms is just too sketchy I think. Would be ideal so I could take my time but just don't think it's safe.
And the other problem is just I can't work on it in Steves parking lot because of insurance issues

hey Dave, good to hear you got the truck. so you decided agains towing your rig home?
wish I could help you but I don't even have enough room for my stuff. if you need a hand tomorrow evening I could pop by after work and help you for a few hours.

Mat

it's not sketchy, if the frame on the HJ is good then it will tow it with no issues. Ask Kim (on here), he towed a massive camper trailer across Canada (pretty much all of Canada, even the rockies) with his and never had issues. Just take it easy on the hills and remember it's a tractor.

I had issues, Mat. It was an adventure. I can't say that there would be many who would have made that trip. :) Considering that, I can't recommend this to Dave.

it's not sketchy, if the frame on the HJ is good then it will tow it with no issues. Ask Kim (on here), he towed a massive camper trailer across Canada (pretty much all of Canada, even the rockies) with his and never had issues. Just take it easy on the hills and remember it's a tractor.

Mat thanks for all the help. This has been an experience you had my back right from the start I should be on the road later today.

I had issues, Mat. It was an adventure. I can't say that there would be many who would have made that trip. :) Considering that, I can't recommend this to Dave.

I'm going to tow it to a friends in Lynden, he has a solid garage. Thanks again for all the feedback guys.

Reactions: kim
Glad it worked out, have a good remainder of holiday.

No worries, I didn't really do anything. If you need something before you leave call me. If not, hope you have a safe trip and hope the next time you're out here it is more enjoyable and less problematic.

Really? That's steep. Through u-haul?
Maybe because it's one way and to the US, but that still seems over priced. A flat deck trailer, even one way was about $30/day without insurance, but that wasn't out of the country.

discovered the reality of 2h towing that ive been reading for years. Thanks Mat and Amro. Still need to get parts from it but atleast i am on the road. on scale of 1 to not safe id say this is not safeo_O
IMG_1355_zpsgmvkymyk.jpg

Good luck and safe travels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom