looking at 05 gx 470 / east coast has some rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There's an 05 GX470 in my area it has 104k on it. Timing belt was done at 58 k according to the Lexus VIN history, The guy is asking $9k for it.
I like everything except the rust and the Nav on it that's not a deal breaker for me though although maybe it should be . The frame is mostly ok but not perfect.
There is some substantial rust around the passenger side control arm hanger to the frame, there are some holes through in that area.
Part of me thinks that area could be welded and the rest of the frame cleaned, sand blasted and painted with POR 15 etc. .
The rust seems to be concentrated at the one rear control arm hanger. Ive seen this kind of thing before on east coast 4 runners and Tacoma's. the question is how much rust is too much. Except for the one area I have seen mush worse.
Another part of me feels like should just walk away and save the hassle. Although the low mileage is very attractive.
thanks for reading.

Last edited:
personally, i'd pass. There's loads of GX's out there... look for a nice southern truck, and make a road trip out of the pick-up. You can find a well maintained rust free example down south easily for 9k. Why deal with welding when you can avoid it?

If it were $4500 due to frame rust, it would be one thing, but $9000 is real money. I would put out a wider search, and maybe go south of CT to look for a less-rusty unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom