Logan's Run 2018 - November 1st-4th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One year I will make one of these, maybe when I get a Land Cruiser I don't mind beating the crap out of on trails.....this year I have a wedding in Atlanta to attend at the Atlanta Country Club...yes a hoity toity affair that normally I would work hard to get out of but this time it's a couple that I actually went to high school with and then to college with the bride and both of their spouses died pretty suddenly and they reconnected.....pretty cool story that I'm glad to be a part of. I am considering our wedding gift to be two of these damn ubiquitous orange cases!!!! That perfect his and hers gift!!

We'll be there.

Im in +3, just registered

Ok guys, I just got a call from Donald at the USFS to advise that Thursday at 2PM they will be closing the forest. Sadly, that means that Logan’s Run 2018 for this weekend will have to be postponed. With that said, we are currently looking at alternative dates and even other venues if needed as we are still going to make LR2018 happen. I know there are going to be a lot of questions and we’ll do our best to answer them. I do ask that everyone try and give us a few days to work out alternative arrangements before contacting us with questions. If you have a question that needs immediate attention please do not hesitate to contact us. Our mission is to find a solution that will best serve you guys and the spirit of the event. Despite the storm we are STILL looking forward to a great LR2018.

Thanks for your understanding,

First things first......I want to thank you guys for your patience while we work through the logistics of trying to reschedule. There are a lot of events in the next two months so it was tough to find something that works. But we have found a date that should work for us.

Logan's Run 2018 will now be held Nov 1st-4th.

There are still a lot of moving parts for this. I can tell you right now that it will not be at group camp unfortunately. They were booked the remainder of the year with the exception of just a couple days and those days just would not work. I hope to post the address and location shortly but the dates are good. So go ahead and make you plans. There are several roads at Uwharrie that have been washed out so directions to the camping location will be fluid but it will be in the same vicinity as group camp and the trail system.

We understand there will be some that might not be able to attend the new dates. If that is the case, please PM @blue98stang or myself and we will workout refund arrangements. We hope everyone can still work with these dates. We're excited to be able to make this happen. Who knows, the cooler weather might make for a more enjoyable time. Looking forward to another wonderful Logan's Run and we can't wait to see everyone!!!!!!!!!!

First things first......I want to thank you guys for your patience while we work through the logistics of trying to reschedule. There are a lot of events in the next two months so it was tough to find something that works. But we have found a date that should work for us.

Logan's Run 2018 will now be held Nov 1st-4th.

There are still a lot of moving parts for this. I can tell you right now that it will not be at group camp unfortunately. They were booked the remainder of the year with the exception of just a couple days and those days just would not work. I hope to post the address and location shortly but the dates are good. So go ahead and make you plans. There are several roads at Uwharrie that have been washed out so directions to the camping location will be fluid but it will be in the same vicinity as group camp and the trail system.

We understand there will be some that might not be able to attend the new dates. If that is the case, please PM @blue98stang or myself and we will workout refund arrangements. We hope everyone can still work with these dates. We're excited to be able to make this happen. Who knows, the cooler weather might make for a more enjoyable time. Looking forward to another wonderful Logan's Run and we can't wait to see everyone!!!!!!!!!!
We were just talking about this last night at the monthly meeting. Great to see a new date posted.

Ok boys and girls it's time for an update. LR 2018 is going to be held at Shadowlands campground. A HUGE thank you to Chris Cagle and family as without their help, this event most likely would not have been able to be rescheduled in a timely manner. We are the first individual OHV club that is being allowed to use the facility. It was initially set up for scouts and church youth groups.

Directions:

From HWY 109 you will turn onto Mullinex road just as if you were going to group camp. You will go approx 0.5 miles and make a left up a gravel entrance (we'll have a sign out). Shadowlands sits on 51 acres, some wooded and some wide open. There is a covered pavilion on location that has bathrooms and showers. Otherwise, there is a similar primitive camp type feel that we had at group camp. As you pull in to the right of the pavilion you will find the wooded section prime for tent camping. Trailers, campers and RV's have full access to the fields. On the map you will see a red circle. There is a small camping section just inside the treeline here that can be used as well. It's idea for a small group that might prefer a little more "out of the way" type spot. This is insanely close to the outpost so those of you that make the breakfast run to the Outpost just got a shorter commute.

Few items of note:
1. There are not a lot of fire rings yet so bring your personal fire pits and plan accordingly.
2. The family has requested that we adhere to the same rules of group camp and would prefer we refrain from alcohol use while on the property. I know this might seem like a lot to ask but I think a lot of this is in regards to this being a new operation for them and they just want to avoid possible issues. I do believe that once they see what kind of group we are that this request will not be strict going forward. This is a small price to pay for the potential this spot has for the club and for our future events. We're not going to be going around checking cups but let's be respectful of their wishes. A large reason why we got to use this facility is that this is a charity based event that honors one of our own.

First post will be updated this weekend. Please see the original thread for more details.

Now for some pics......

Shadowlands.jpg

Spectators allowed to drop in? Donations from such nosy folks accepted separately?

Spectators allowed to drop in? Donations from such nosy folks accepted separately?
Uwharrie trails aren’t visible from any camp. You’d need to bum rides with someone to get out there and see anything. There are usually open seats. I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it this year on these dates, which is why I haven’t posted up.

Uwharrie trails aren’t visible from any camp. You’d need to bum rides with someone to get out there and see anything. There are usually open seats. I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it this year on these dates, which is why I haven’t posted up.

Yeah my schedule won't really allow that until after the leaves fall and tourists depart. Something to look forward to in the future then.

I never committed. Will have to play this one by the week. Definitely want to!
You guys should come , instead of Appalachian Rendezvous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom