Log splitter (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered an electric 6 ton from Northern Tool- will be here in a week. I will report on how it works.

I ordered an electric 6 ton from Northern Tool- will be here in a week. I will report on how it works.

Good deal! Having never used an electric one, I'm very curious. My local Husqvarna dealer was trying to sell me one last summer, but I wouldn't go for it because I don't have power near my wood piles. I then plunked down $750 for a used 20T w/Honda motor from Northern Tool and promptly returned it after bending it up. It never stalled out, but the frame and other components seemed to be light duty. That's when I borrowed my buddy Harold's splitter indefinitely. :D

Anyhow, give us a review when you get it. Thanks!!! :popcorn:

You already bought one but you could try to find a used "Lickety Split" Log Splitter or a La Font.

I have a 36ton two stage Lickety Split splitter with a 4 way knife that my father bought new in 1984. We heated our 6 bedroom house in Iowa with it and now I use it in California.

Iron Oak also makes some good ones but Timber Wolf is the top of the line right now in the industry.

Good deal! Having never used an electric one, I'm very curious. My local Husqvarna dealer was trying to sell me one last summer, but I wouldn't go for it because I don't have power near my wood piles. I then plunked down $750 for a used 20T w/Honda motor from Northern Tool and promptly returned it after bending it up. It never stalled out, but the frame and other components seemed to be light duty. That's when I borrowed my buddy Harold's splitter indefinitely. :D

Anyhow, give us a review when you get it. Thanks!!! :popcorn:

FWIW, if I was going to purchase a new log splitter, I'd get a Speeco, probably the 28T model. They're built to last.

SpeeCo Inc. - Log Splitter, Tractor Parts, OEM and Farm Accessory Contact information

I bought a 22ton Speeco splitter this spring. It handles any log I have put in it, even green. I used to use a maul, but the pinion pine and juniper around here is full of knots. It would take me forever to split a cord.

I bought a 22ton Speeco splitter this spring. It handles any log I have put in it, even green. I used to use a maul, but the pinion pine and juniper around here is full of knots. It would take me forever to split a cord.

Good call, PJ is a bitch. :cool:

Timber Wolf is where its at as far as a gas powered machine.

However the hydraulic 3-point hitch version on the big John Deere is also very nice.

Timber Wolf is where its at as far as a gas powered machine.

Damn........that's nice!! I'm certain it comes with a hefty pricetag, too. :eek:

:cheers:I hopefully should have mine in about a week. I am hoping it can handle the load. Gas does seem to be where its at, but for our usage I think we should be ok. Dan I cant tell you how happy I am with the 260- it goes through like butter on everything I cut. Thanks to you I now know how to maintain the thing properly.:cheers:

Dang it Bigndn take me off your ignore list! :D

:lol: I was typing while you were..... :flipoff2:
screen_shot.jpg

I just got a powerhorse brand from Northern Tool. 3 point version to fit to my tractor. I have been happy with it through about 2 cords of wood so far. Cuts on extension and return so it speeds it up a bit.

I bought this splitter last Oct. after i started clearing a few acres of land, and so far it has been excellent. I got it at lowes, i believe it is a troy built with a honda engine. It always cranks first pull. With it and the Stihl MS361 Dan talked me into it makes cutting wood a lot less work.
DSC_0102.jpg

Used the electric this weekend and have to say so far it did the job perfectly. The largest diameter logs I put in it were 15" and it didnt flinch, some have some knots also. Time will tell in regards to longevity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom