Locking rear axle into LX 470 - what's needed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@savirc - Good question! I will pull the calipers and rotors to prevent rust on those parts, and stuff it in my barn for a while (using my Massey tractor) until I'm darn sure the new axle is ok. I will then either give it all away to a local, or pull the 3rd member and keep it. I hate to toss it, but the axle isn't super valuable. It's also stunningly heavy and hard to move or store. I could give it back to the junkyard where I got the locker, and they could resell it (just to avoid having it be scrapped).

Question - How did you run the aftermarket locker harness into the truck? Did you bring it in near the rear, or run it in to the truck up front? Where can I find a grommet hole large enough to pass the switch through?

I need to do that, you are right it's difficult to store, bulky and awkward.

"Question - How did you run the aftermarket locker harness into the truck? Did you bring it in near the rear, or run it in to the truck up front? Where can I find a grommet hole large enough to pass the switch through? "

I used an existing stock wiring routing, which is using the rubber boot under the driver-side second-row seat close to the door seam area. You'll see it, lube up the wire and it should slide in there with the already existing wiring going into the cab and down the door trim into the dash footboard.

Cheers!

To close out this thread, I spent about 5 hrs. wiring up the locker with the Trail Gear harness. A lot of work is required to do it right (as I think I have). Works great.

The backlight (night time lighting) and locker function light work as intended. Last photo - I sliced the main firewall grommet carefully and used weed-whacker line as a leader line to pull the 12 ga. power wire back through the firewall and to the battery. I used the illumination circuit for the power rear windows to get the night-illumination on the locker switch. The dash hole needed some serious 'egging out' to fit the switch.

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom