lockers, yo. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I second the lockrights. I have them front and rear in my cruiser, and had them in the rear of my tacoma. they are less noticable in my 40 that the truck.

For the guys saying they are terrible on the road, you need to make sure your tires are at exactly the same air pressure, and you will not notice them, either that, or you need to stop driving them like a sports car ::)

hey will give you an occasional bang, but nothing too terrible. I've heard detropits that are alot noisier.

You also wil change your driving style slightly when you first get them, you just need to remember 2 things, equal air pressure, and smoothness. Light throttle through turns keeps everything hunky dory.

IMO they are one of the best things you can do to your rig, and cheap too.

so how much are we talkin about here?

i really have no idea on what prices should be for any type of locker.

i've found a few prices for each but they're all a couple hundred bucks apart. i don't know what to make of it.

thanks,
jonathan
jmalphr@clemson.edu

on another note,

what's the difference between lockers for the front & rear diffs? does a front locker operate a little bit different than a rear?

thanks again,
jonathan

Looks like ARB's would be $1050 just for the two lockers, then if you or someone you know is capable of installing them, you just need to have a source of compressed air.
I'm planning on $1500 for my York/F&R ARB setup. Easily the most expensive, also one of the best made, most durable, and the most controllable lockers out there. When its locked its locked and when its not its not.

sup bailey,

you havin a good summer so far?

is there a difference between the locker for a front or rear?

also, on the air locker, you can use a york compressor out of a volvo or something, right?
and how big of a tank do you need? i would guess not too big, probably 5 lbs.

jonathan

Its been fun but its all but over now since soccer started yesterday :'( .
You can use anything with 80psi of pressure to engage ARB's, could be a CO2 tank, just a regular old air tank, any electric compressor, or my favorite, the Volvo/AMC/Ford York compressor with tank setup. You don't really need a tank, but its a good idea to go ahead and incorporate it. Read the tech articles on the install, should be a lot of fun. You could do something as simple as a york with just a quick disconnect fitting on the output for filling tires, or one with pressure switches, in cab guage, and a tank and manifold.
Read all the tech articles, and then ask away if you have anymore questions, I have a general knowledge of the install, and Brad has actually done it.

[quote author=hammerhead link=board=1;threadid=3952;start=0#msg29488 date=1059555959]
What about Lincoln-Lockers. They're real cheap!
[/quote]
So is welded, but those of us that DD our cruisers in the city need to be able to turn and have tires last more than 5k miles. (Ok I know thats an exaggeration but lincolns or welded rears do accelerate tire wear.)

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=3952;start=30#msg29566 date=1059596999]
They cost more, I know they have the same effect :p.
[/quote]They cost more???????? A lincoln locker is a welded rear. Lincoln as in lincoln welder. :D

s*** i was thinking Spool, got confused. :-[ :-[
My bad, I'm too tired from soccer to think straight.

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=3952;start=30#msg29613 date=1059617098]
s*** i was thinking Spool, got confused. :-[ :-[
My bad, I'm too tired from soccer to think straight.
[/quote]LOL , too many headers? ;)

hey man,

back off my boy pele. i'm sure he's hard at work trying to defend his school's honor against all those south carolina soccer hooligans.

y'all have a good one,
jonathan

bailey, you play club for anybody? or just for pace?

Been running a lockright for about 5 years. Love it.

[quote author=72cruiser link=board=1;threadid=3952;start=30#msg29643 date=1059623469]
bailey, you play club for anybody? or just for pace?
[/quote]
Just Pace, we were ranked 7 for the entire eastern seaboard last season. I used to play baseball until my shoulder fell off so I never got into the club soccer scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom