Locked third (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fl4031003

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a full float 2008 79 series rear axle. I was wondering if a 99 locked 100 series third will work in this housing with the existing axle shafts?

Anyone?

Hello,

The parts catalog says the axle components are common to the 100 and 79 Series..

As for the shaft, it is different. Some work may be required to make it fit with the third member.

Hope this helps.

Juan

I have a full float 2008 79 series rear axle. I was wondering if a 99 locked 100 series third will work in this housing with the existing axle shafts?
100 have 32 spline shaft, but ...
I'm not sure how many splines 79 has. If it has 32 it works fine.

Yes splines are the same and it will drop right in the housing, still not sure if the axle shaft is different.

If the spline count is the same it should work fine. The different part number for the axle shaft is probably due to it being longer for a 100 series.

Yes splines are the same and it will drop right in the housing, still not sure if the axle shaft is different.
You can swap the 3er member, using the 79 shaft. housing flange use the same bolt pattern :cheers:
i test BJ70front/hzj75 rear 4.11, LX450 rear 4.10, HDJ100 rear 3er member in HZJ78 (´02) rear housing. Fit perfectly.

105 and 79 use same short shaft.
the long shaft if it has different length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom