Locked Out...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have a new to me 93 FZJ80, and I'm stoked about it. Yesterday I went out to start the thing and let it warm up. Out of pure habit I hit the master door lock button and thought nothing of it. Came out 20 minutes later and realized my rig was now running and I had no way in! AAA solved my issue but I'd like this to not happen again. My previous 93 would not let you lock the doors if the vehicle was running and a door was open, it would automatically unlock the entire truck. Anyone have any ideas on where to start with a fix for this? I've used the search function to the best of my ability over the years (post count is stupid low for a reason) but I cannot find anything with this. It's probably right in front of me.

Go to the dealership with your title and have them make another couple keys off the VIN.

Don't know about the automatic lock prevention, but a hidden key is very useful. You can hide it somewhere deep in the undercarriage. It could save you big time if you're out in a remote place and lock yourself out.

Don't know about the automatic lock prevention, but a hidden key is very useful. You can hide it somewhere deep in the undercarriage. It could save you big time if you're out in a remote place and lock yourself out.
I will be hiding a key for sure. I just would like to get everything working again. I'm thankful to be able to work at these projects instead of fighting rust on my last one. Is it bad that I'm actually excited to have stuff like this to fix instead of worrying about body work? :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom