lock right: front or rear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re: lock right: front or rear:

I was planning on running it using a york setup. Thats my next project. I had thought about using coiled yellow shop hose to run to the axle, is that what you are describing?  How difficult is the install?  I've never torn into a axle third, I have decent yet untried wrenching skills and a mostly equipped garage other than welding. (only owned a vehicle for 8 months now.) I haven't attempted anything that I couldn't finish when I planned too yet. (knock on wood).  I'm good friends with the family mechanic who works part time, really knows his stuff, and has most any tool necessary for any job.  I'm thinking this would be something to take to his shop and get him to help me so I don't screw something up.   :stupid:
The brakes are a problem.  I have a 100% new brake system other than the booster.  (the PO left me with new wheel cylinders so I figured I'd do that first and if the brakes still blew I would go front discs).  Well they still blow. Alright if you're not towing anything but when I pull my atv I better be pretty cautious, I need a loong time to stop from 65 mph. :eek:

and how much will the arb cost me?
what accessories do i need and what will they cost?

what is the total cost?

and should the arb go front or rear first?

Lowest price I've ever seen on an ARB is $525 posted by another lister on another thread. Thats just one.
The entire kit is a lot. (both lockers, their crappy compressor, and all the fittings, switches, hoses etc.)
I will use a homemade York setup to power it, so a lot is going to be custom. I'm generously estimating the York setup to run me $200-250.
Lockers $1050
Misc. other small parts needed from ARB-? Not much tho.
Put one in the rear first, like any locker. Sounds like you might benefit from a welded rear and ARB front, and if you hate the welded, get new spiders and swap the arb to the back. I don't know about installation, I am hoping its something my mechanic and I can do in a saturday. I've never done diff work, hes done a ton so between the two we should be all good :ugh:. :G

more than i can/will spend at this point.

i guess i'll see where i can get in the rear end.

maybe a weld, maybe the lock-right.

Rusmann-I know this is a little off topic, but how is your 3 spd handling those 33" TSL's? Looks like I'll might be running the 33's and the 3 spd at the same time for about a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom