LJ78 Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Anyone know about this truck? Would be neat to see some build info on it. Pretty cool idea; and actually I really like the look. Maybe I can find a cheap LJ78 and old mine truck and make myself one....

4.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard04.jpg
Clipboard05.jpg
two.jpg

Last edited:
I follow him on insta. Great looking truck, not many build pics on there but I think the cab is the chopped 78 one (not a 75/79 cab)

I think it’s an awesome looking truck and I would definitely consider building one if anything happened to my lj78.
87B37192-83D8-404F-8CCB-5A1AF60416A6.png

I follow him on insta. Great looking truck, not many build pics on there but I think the cab is the chopped 78 one (not a 75/79 cab)

I think it’s an awesome looking truck and I would definitely consider building one if anything happened to my lj78.
View attachment 2993732
I would love to turn mine into a truck like this too! I have always wondered if you could buy the cab and bed and swap everything as well. Looks like the bed will fit! (I guess with enough money and time anything could would work too though)

I would love to turn mine into a truck like this too! I have always wondered if you could buy the cab and bed and swap everything as well. Looks like the bed will fit! (I guess with enough money and time anything could would work too though)
78 wheel base is shorter than the 75/79, I think, so you would either have to lengthen the frame or chop the bed, either way I would assume you would need to make new bed mounts

78 wheel base is shorter than the 75/79, I think, so you would either have to lengthen the frame or chop the bed, either way I would assume you would need to make new bed mounts

Still Looks like it could be made to work. I have seen cab and bed kits for sale from shop cruiser parts.net. I think if I remember correctly they suggest using a 80 frame I wonder how much fabrication that requires. I am sure some. I think I had seen a thread on here somewhere where somebody did that too. honestly you could get a really cool cruiser doing it that way too.

Well, signed up to insta just to enjoy this build, lol. I updated photos at the top, and here are a few more of the completed build. Great looking truck.

Clipboard06.jpg
Clipboard08.jpg
Clipboard09.jpg
three.jpg

looks like they cut the bed to fit.

Yes, you're right; here is what he says:

"For those of you seeing this thing for the first time, it’s not a 79, it’s not a 75 or a chopped 76.. it’s my kzj78 Prado wagon that @kieran_pauley and I chopped down to a single cab using the rear wall from a 79. I then shortened a 79 series tub and added that to the mix."

There are quite a few build details on his instagram. I generally detest social media stuff. It's too bad he didn't post the details here.

Yes, you're right; here is what he says:

"For those of you seeing this thing for the first time, it’s not a 79, it’s not a 75 or a chopped 76.. it’s my kzj78 Prado wagon that @kieran_pauley and I chopped down to a single cab using the rear wall from a 79. I then shortened a 79 series tub and added that to the mix."

There are quite a few build details on his instagram. I generally detest social media stuff. It's too bad he didn't post the details here.
Is that a later 76/79 Series hood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom