link to pictures on other website are showing X (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hj 60

JT1W0HJ6000960839
Threads
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Mud translates the original link to a mud proxy but apparently that process takes time an the pictures I add stay invisible for some time.

Pictures are lost @ IP address 74.86.100.226 , SoftLayer Technologies in Dallas, Texas, United States.

I get them from freeforums.org and maybe they are blocking the way I share pictures?
If I just copy and paste the link there is no problem, I don't like to use other picture sharing as they delete after some time.
And uploading to mud in a nasty ugly small format is also no option.
So I don't use any mud space, but the translation to mud proxy is now more of a problem than it was before.
example X

using [img/img[]

Also I can not edit the link after upload, only delete and past again, something has changed, maybe shut down the block stuff on my side.>> OLD Man emu, nice add, no pic.

If a few people click my mud link the freeforum server might get a dds attack feeling because it is some Gb traffic starting to flow :bounce:

test:
http://hj60.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=1332

test with [img/img]

file.php

file.php

"http://hj60.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=1248"

http://hj60.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=1248

file.php

Last edited:
Most users on MUD have UNLIMITED attachment space....why? Because external image hosts are unreliable and may at any time change their URL structure and all those great images that used to work become worthless Xs...

WHY are you linking externally? WHY?!?!?

And do you know why freeforums is FREE? Maybe, because it sucks?!?! ...and doesn't allow hothinking their images?!?

Having a similar issue with where my images are hosted as well. But when I try uploading my own pics I get an error. Tried with and without flash enabled in the preferences. Is there any limitation to uploading images? Just doing 1024x768 pics that are <500kb.

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

My file upload permissions are identical to anyone elses...

...and lookie there, I got an error too...which means the updates made to the server over the past few days have yet another setting incorrect...will post again when I am notified that it's fixed.

Thanks @woody! Glad it wasn't just me and not following directions.

ResizeImage00001.jpg

Is uploading an image on a reply different then adding media to an album? I still get the error when uploading to the media/album (w/o Flash).

Is uploading an image on a reply different then adding media to an album? I still get the error when uploading to the media/album (w/o Flash).

working now?

Yep, can upload with and without Flash enabled to albums. Also the proxy image looks fixed now too.

I never knew we had unlimited pics here!

Thanks for the answer, I use freeforums because on mud it is mentioned in this topic that:
Posting Photos - IrFanView
2048 pixels wide and 1536 pixels high, with a size of 950197 bytes is WAY too large to meet the forum limit of 90000 bytes and 800wx600h

So that is the reason to not bother mud with 3+ mb pictures and I will not resize to 800wx600h (to much time)
Also the PDF content on freeforums is not what you would like to host I think.
Freeforums error/downtime in past years 0%?

pics work :cheers:
bad HTC phone camera, sorry:
2.306,69 KB (2.362.055 bytes)
1.944px × 2.592px (scaled to 972px × 1.296px)
Click to Zoom in (real dimensions: 1944 x 2592)

file.php

Last edited:
Just deleted that thread...it was from 2005, and hasn't been relevant for 10 years.

should members be seeing ad banners at the bottom of uploaded pics now? I hope not, they are a real pita...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom