Light recommendations for rain conditions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

Looking for some recommendations for auxiliary lights best suited for rain conditions that could possibly be safely left on for oncoming traffic without blinding anyone. Lights will be mounted on the Kavik Aluminum bumper. What else do I need as far as wiring, switches, fuses etc.?

In the future I may also add long range lights that can be switched off for traffic.

Any input or recommendations would be helpful.
Thanks
Sean

I like these

I have the amber DOT approved fogs. The “Sports” which was the cheapest option.
0BEE6D3F-50F9-443D-9A6B-3983A08BA573.jpeg
15811C33-676B-4B09-B85B-2A19D69E9DB3.jpeg
19F05BE2-DC4B-4E63-A499-3AB88438DE6F.jpeg

If you want a data overload, look here: The LED SAE J583 Fog Pod & Fog Light Review - https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/the-led-sae-j583-fog-pod-fog-light-review.554813/

What I suggest and have sitting my shelf waiting for a bull bar is KC G4 in Amber. Gravity® LED G4 Universal LED Fog Pair Pack System - https://www.kchilites.com/4-gravity-led-fog-light-pair-pack-system.html

I suggest Yellow/Amber for rain, snow, or fog as white light reflection is perceived by the human eye more so than yellow/amber.

Definitely recommend the diode dynamics lights in sae street legal fog pattern. I’ve used the pro and max versions. Have sports on a friends truck. I have the white but carry yellow covers to add versatility to the lights depending on condition.

+1 on choosing amber lights. They are great for bad weather conditions.

I have the Diode Dynamics SS3 max and they’re great. For snow and rain driving conditions I just put on the amber cover.
18C9C8BB-CB0F-495F-8C68-4A9F0277FFB6.jpeg
999E3B0F-0C87-4EA9-B943-551D4FAF64B0.jpeg

I have the spot beam and only turn it on when there’s no oncoming traffic.

I have the DD SS3 Max SAE fogs in the bumper. What do you recommend for more of a longer distance aux light? I was wondering if the little SS2 pods in a spot or driving pattern would have much punch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom