Lift kit arrived from Cruiser Outfitters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just cleared it through customs myself. Can’t wait to get it installed. 😀

Old Man Emu 70 Series Suspension Kit - Includes:
2 - CS006F Front Leaf Springs
2 - 60063 Heavy Applications Nitrocharger Sport Shocks Front 2 - CS017RB Rear Leaf Springs
2 - 60062 Nitrocharger Sport Shocks Rear
1 - GP1 Greasable Pin Kit Front
1 - GP2 Greasable Pin Kit Rear
2 - GS2 Greasable Shackle Kit Front and Rear
4 - SB1 Spring Bushing Kit
1 - SD24 Steering Damper
4 - U51 U-Bolts and Nuts Front
4 - U59A U-Bolts and Nuts Rear
1 - SUSFITKIT60 Hardware Fitting Kit
Knuckle Reb. W/KWB - 70 Series
6x/7x FR Sway Bar Links - Extended (Pair)

Thanks Cruiser Outfitters!

I also bought a timing belt and the other 3 belts from a local supplier

Thanks Rocky Mountain Imports!

No pics? What a tease!

Nice. Should make a big difference.

Best part of replacing everything is not having to be too careful with the horrible old crap that comes out.

Pro tip # 1 for suspension replacement...

Never find yourself saying," s***. I shoulda got more beer." :lol:

I brought the truck to the mechanic to have the lift installed, Front axle rebuilt and Timing belt and 3 other belts changed. He had some questions about the lift that I hope some people have had experience with that wanna share.
He asked about the pinion angle after the lift. Would he need to install shims to get the proper angle? He said it might need a longer driveshaft too.
When installing the bushings on the leaf springs, do the need to be greased or lubed with anything? He said sometimes after awhile they squeak
I forgot to mention the Timing belt. He asked is it clearly marked? He doesn’t wanna be off a tooth or just put it back the same way it is now even though it runs great. Thanks!

Well, for the lift kit, you shouldn't need castor shims or a longer driveshaft. Emu kits are pretty well thought out to be a direct replacement.

Grease the s*** out of everything when assembling, and don't forget to give the new greasable pins a shot after it's done too.

For the belt, you should be able to find the factory service manual online, could print out the tbelt section for him. I might even have a copy on my tablet still. I'll have a look.

On my 60 I had to use 2 1/2 degree shims but I don’t think I needed them for the BJ74.
I’ll look and see this morning. It will seem like the rear springs are too short when
adding the new shackles. Just get all the parts assembled and hanging loosely together
before you start final tightening up. I sort of go around in sequence slowly taking up
slack as it were. I’ve done half a dozen lift kits.

I looked but couldn't find an fsm. Thought I had one for the 1hdt I had years ago, but only have older stuff, 3b, 2h, 12ht etc.

Probably a link to it in the diesel section?

Used to be anyways.

I did the tbelt on that 1hdt, I remember it being pretty straightforward, I think the hz procedure is similar.

Here is the engine repair manual in .pdf:

Here is the manual that covers the rest of the vehicle (RM183E):

_KZJ70_HZJ_PZJ_chassis_body.pdf

Another version of RM183E that is more complete (includes sections missing in the other version), but is a little mixed up:

RM183e.pdf

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

Electrical Schematics for the Japanese 70 series (including LJ78):

drive.google.com

'90-'92 70-Series Wiring Manual.pdf

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom