LHD ‘93 HDJ80 progressive power steering parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hey all! I recently noticed that both ends of my high pressure hoses for the power steering are leaking / seeping. I immediately started to look into replacement parts to maybe refresh the entire system, quickly realizing that my setup is different from what is readily available. After some research, I believe I have a progressive power steering setup.

Im having an issue finding any parts for this system. Any advice? Can the steering box be rebuilt? Should I seek out custom hoses? Can I / should I replace the entire system with the more traditional power steering system?

Any help is appreciated. Cheers,

6B3F01DA-BFAC-4A80-9B61-ED4A5A132615.jpeg

16283391-E0D6-4DE9-B486-7E1C91793600.jpeg

F1FA8B0D-AD67-4BCC-B99B-561AE4E2764D.jpeg

I had progressive rate power steering in my hdj81 VX.
when I destroyed the sector shaft, I couldn't find a replacement so ended up installing a standard steering box.

I had no issues at all, and don't remember noticing any difference at all in driving feel

Last edited:
when I destroyed the sector shaft, I couldn't find a replacement so ended up installing a standard steering box.

I had no issues at all, and don't remember noticing any difference at all in driving feel

Out of curiosity - where did you source a RHD steering box? I've been having a hell of a time getting my hands on a used one. I would like to remove the progressive steering so I have more room for a bigger turbo.

Watching the classifieds like a hawk is how I got my spare.

Also I my PPS solenoid was stuck and I got it running again and also didn't really notice any difference. But I'm also running 37's so maybe that's why....or maybe the input the solenoid isn't working, not sure how to check that.

Thank you this is very helpful. Cheers.

Out of curiosity - where did you source a RHD steering box? I've been having a hell of a time getting my hands on a used one. I would like to remove the progressive steering so I have more room for a bigger turbo.
I am parting out a RHD 1996 VX spec hdj80, from the UK. I am sure we make a deal, however, shipping wont be cheap.

I am parting out a RHD 1996 VX spec hdj80, from the UK. I am sure we make a deal, however, shipping wont be cheap.
Hi folks, sorry for jumping on. New here. On the lookout for a rhd power steering box with pps for HDJ81. Based in Dublin. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom