lets talk charcoal canisters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah mark i looked at the diagram,but i just have one of those PO nightmares,seems like they just removed stuff.

Magoo said:
i think it turns out that i just dont have a fuel seperator.seems to be a big item.all i have is a canister,and the line that runs to it comes from the center of the tank like ige said.so that line goes to the top of the can,then the one toyota just ran to the frame comes out of the bottom of the can.
my theory is thiis.when the tank is full it has nowhere to vent and just pushes fuel out of the tank into the canister onto the ground.
oh yeah a little bit of fuel smell aint gonna stop the lightr from lightn my ciggy.:)
shawn

Now we are getting somewhere! You DON'T want to use that inboard line by the console for venting; you want to use one of the three near the filler neck. I just couldn't say for sure which one, since I usually cap them unless there is a separator.

You could try asking around for a separator if you are so inclined. Problem is, the only one's you're gonna find are all over 25 years old, they're made of plastic, and they usually crack right where the hoses attach, which leaves you back at square ONE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom