Lets invade Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What 'bout the spray cans of OD Green paint sir. :grinpimp:

:flamingo:

Eventually, I dont know how much to buy until I remove the metal that is not needed.

Found out a few things:
If you have been arrested for anything; including DWI, you cannot enter Canada for 5 years after the end of your punishment. That is an issue for me right now. You can apply for a waiver but it is a bit involved.

It is impossible to drive to Alaska without going through Canada. As a result of the above I looked into the Alaska Water Highway. You can take your truck/trailer/RV on a ferry from WA State to Alaska for a reasonable amount. I think it will work out OK when compared to time/money/hassle of driving through Canada.

I plan to begin work on the waiver with the ferry as an option. Ferry needs to be booked-paid for 6 months or so out as it fills up quick.

Big Gay 80 is getting there! FF rear with 39" XZL arriving next week! Sawzall is out but caution keeps me from cutting. Now that I dont drink I find it more difficult to cut away metal

I looked into the Alaska Water Highway. You can take your truck/trailer/RV on a ferry from WA State to Alaska for a reasonable amount. I think it will work out OK when compared to time/money/hassle of driving through Canada.

The ferry would work for me as I would go to Seattle anyway to visit family, any idea of the cost?

I assume you meant "convicted"...

Nope, I meant arrested. There will be a record of your arrest and you will need to provide the Canadians proof of the disposition such as charges dropped. case thrown out etc.... I believe you can do this on the border and do not need the waiver.

The ferry would work for me as I would go to Seattle anyway to visit family, any idea of the cost?

You need to go to their site and they can give you good ideas of the cost. ROundtrip for me and the Big Gay 80 to Anchorage area was about $3800 give or take. I am guessing the trailer empire you have would be a bunch more but they do have special RV rates.

You need to go to their site and they can give you good ideas of the cost. ROundtrip for me and the Big Gay 80 to Anchorage area was about $3800 give or take. I am guessing the trailer empire you have would be a bunch more but they do have special RV rates.

I would leave the Ark in Seattle and just take the Cruiser on ferry. The ferry cuts 3400 miles of driving off round trip.

If you have been arrested for anything; including DWI, you cannot enter Canada for 5 years after the end of your punishment. That is an issue for me right now.

Yup...My brother's in the same boat. We were gonna go to Whistler or take a trans Canada sno-mobile trip next year...but that's going to have to wait a few.

BTW, post up what you find about the waiver, I'd be interested in know what's involved.

Todd

I would leave the Ark in Seattle and just take the Cruiser on ferry. The ferry cuts 3400 miles of driving off round trip.
That was what I thought. The ferry idea s not a bad one a tall for at least one leg of the trip..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom