lets do this Sat-4/25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thankyou @vegas for reviving SNLC. 4 wheeling my cruiser was one of the major deciding factors when I moved back to town june 2019 (and I havent been offroad yet!!!).

Who's in for a quick trip saturday?
Where do you want to go?

We should be able to do a simple trip while maintaining the intent of social distancing. I have spare FRS radios if someone needs to borrow one.

You're welcome. I should have an update out pretty soon. I'm up for doing Wheeler Pass or some of the trails by the river. See this thread.

I haven't done Wheeler yet. I had heard there was snow a few weeks back and didn't want to go up there alone with snow.

I'd be willing to give wheeler a shot, or either of the trails down to the river. Even if we get halfway and turn back its still better than sitting at home.

I might be able to do a run down to the river tomorrow I just got to take care of a couple of things today. We should meet up early it's going to heat up this weekend and the ol tin box heats up LOL
JP

Hey Everybody,

Let's commit to doing Wheeler Pass tomorrow as a good-to-meet-cha run and to blow out the cobwebs from winter.

Meet at the parking lot of the Distill at the 215 and N. Durango (map). Let's shoot for 9 am. Bring any FRS (walkie talkie) radios if you've got them. I'm not sure how many of us has ham or CB yet. I've got a few extra FRS radios I can lend people. You should probably bring a mask just in case we need to get close for some reason.

Spread the word.
Cheers!

image.jpg

Rock sliders just arrived. Let’s see if I can get them on tonight!:worms:

Are you starting on the Cold Creek side, or Pahrump side? Planning on doing the whole thing? I heard the Cold Creek side is a bit tougher. Only worried because I don't have a lift, running 31s, and don't have a winch. Should I sit this one out?

Are you starting on the Cold Creek side, or Pahrump side? Planning on doing the whole thing? I heard the Cold Creek side is a bit tougher. Only worried because I don't have a lift, running 31s, and don't have a winch. Should I sit this one out?
Cold creek side

I think I will sit this one out, but can't wait to see pics! I'm going to bring the family to Lake Mead tomorrow. Hope to join you all next time!

I`m not going to make this run either but am looking forward to the pics. @Tachycardic I think the lake is still closed but the hiking trails are open and the parking lots are open
JP

I was going to check out the Anniversary Mine Road off Northshore.

Vegas, did you install the rock sliders? I want to see pics!

Vegas, did you install the rock sliders? I want to see pics!

I did today. Check 'em out.
A4ADA9F2-BDDF-405B-AC1A-0D3D94A6A9E4.jpeg

Close up:
DBC304D0-D3BA-49AC-B5CF-3B9D776F13D4.jpeg

I figured out how to trim the plastic front trim. I used a heat gun to bend the bottom edge so that it looks factree
9F66BA9E-2C54-47F0-B41E-B1825AA5D00B.jpeg

and then the necessary trimming to the rear trim
9741BFA6-98D8-459F-90D3-30DD90CB8846.jpeg

My truck is now ready for Cruise Moab and Rubithon for sure.

Cheers!

Mine still look like this. Not even going to try. View attachment 2284417
We could do a meeting at the SYN Shop where you bring that metal down and we weld up your sliders. I think it would be a fun meeting that takes most of a saturday. We could take a bunch of photos and post them on the forum for others. Plus, guys new to welding can learn.

BTW, when we had to cross Willow Creek on the Cold Creek side I was soooo glad I have a snorkel. The stream was raging and 6" deep. I was nervous a little but go go gadget land cruiser.

The sliders look amazing! Is it possible to mount them and still use the factory front mud flaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom