LED swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Hey All,

Just a small update. Just a small mod to the cars but I figured I would write this up. I have a buddy that just moved out to Missouri to work for an aftermarket LED company named Diode Dynamics. He sent me out a few samples to try out in my cars. So far, I have been very impressed. The GX stock lights leave something to be desired. I installed some A pillar Lights before winter but I wanted some LED fogs that I could use more often. Also, one of my back up lights had burned out so I wanted a set of LEDs to go in there too. Here is what I got:

1. back up lights - cool white XP50s

Backup LEDs for 2010-2019 Lexus GX460 (pair)

Backup LEDs for 2010-2019 Lexus GX460 (pair)

2. Fog lights - cool white - SL1s

Fog Light LEDs for 2010-2013 Lexus GX460 (pair)

Impressions:

Overall, I am very impressed with all the lights. Everything I received was plug and play. Very quick and easy to install. I love the color temperature of the lights I chose. I didn’t want anything too blue. I wanted the brightest white.

I did a more complete write up here..

couple notes - I tried to get a pair of SL1s for the GX but they don't fit in the light assembly (bummer). I hear their next version may fit. Also, I will probably switch over to LED turn signals too. Right now you have to splice in a resistor to get rid of the hyperblink. They are working on a new version that won't require you to do that.

I am not a huge fan of cutting factory wiring unless absolutely necessary.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: r2m
Pricing??
Also, is the headlight replacement you did for the high or low beams?
I like the low beams as they are, but I wouldn't mind a little more punch and whiter white for the high beams.

Pricing??
Also, is the headlight replacement you did for the high or low beams?
I like the low beams as they are, but I wouldn't mind a little more punch and whiter white for the high beams.

The Fogs and back up lights were super reasonable. The headlights I got for my Camry are $150 for a set. They didn’t fit in the light assembly for the GX. They sell high beams for the GX but I think you lose the ability to have daytime running lights.

Can you see if your friend at Didode Dynamics can get the R&D team to make a proper SmartTap relay for the 16 pin flasher relays found on our GX and 4R.

Can you see if your friend at Didode Dynamics can get the R&D team to make a proper SmartTap relay for the 16 pin flasher relays found on our GX and 4R.
Haha I asked about that too. I’ve heard they are working on some turn signals with the resistors built in. Which would eliminate the need for the relay swap!

Don't need the fog lights. I have Metal Tech front and rear bumpers, both with LED fog and back-up lights, respectfully. That kind of goes for not needing DDL's since my I keep my fogs on all the time when driving anyways.
I'm always on the look out for head lights that throw out farther so one does not out run their lights on long dark highways.

Don't need the fog lights. I have Metal Tech front and rear bumpers, both with LED fog and back-up lights, respectfully. That kind of goes for not needing DDL's since my I keep my fogs on all the time when driving anyways.
I'm always on the look out for head lights that throw out farther so one does not out run their lights on long dark highways.
Totally understandable. I’ve got some rigid pods on the A pillars so I don’t have that problem right now haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom