LED Headlight Retrofit - '13 GX460 Base (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

After much searching, waffling between a 470 and 460, I ended up replacing my wife's '12 MDX with a '13 GX460 Base. It amazing how much better it seems in just about every way as compared to the MDX.

That said, the halogen headlights leave a LOT to be desired as compared to the HIDs she was used to.

It seems most people argue LEDs are the best option (as compared to retrofitting HIDs with igniters, etc). Are the available LED options on the market plug-in replacements and is the output significantly better?

Anyone swapped from their halogens to LED in a 460? Best bulb/manufacturer option to go with?

THanks!

This thread might prove interesting!
Looking forward to see what's out there. I may be interested myself in doing an R&R if it's just a "plug-n-play" option.

I picked up some led's for the fogs and headlights and the difference was astounding. granted... the brand I picked up required me to trim some of the body of the bulb itself because they were bulky and couldn't be fit because of a bracket on the back of the headlight by the socket.

for that sake, I wouldn't recommend the Amazon brand I bought, but for the throw of the LED style of the bulb, it is phenomenal and makes all the difference. ill try and update with a picture tonight.

Were those the OPT7?

I added some to the cart last night but haven’t checked out.

Thanks!

They were Seallight.

The fogs fit well but I can’t remember if it was the low or high I had to trim.

5BDA4398-82B4-4789-B9F0-4E77E2A4CE80.png

5D5CC8DE-6987-47CE-9D8C-D47B44AD1CA3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom