Leaking windshield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rolling a LJ78: Does anyone have a parts resource for a replacement windshield seal/gasket with lockstrip? Mine has sprung a leak which is a bit of a super inconvenience in Oregon! Would love to keep the original look of the seal with silver lockstrip. I am only able to find generic strips so far...I know it's a stretch, but worth it if I can get my hands on one!

3A9D742C-839D-41BB-8BE5-9D01B0F71E39.jpeg

7DED0268-70BC-43C3-B7FD-B312DF98A9A2.jpeg

I thought the ones with the lock strip were all gone.

The chrome molding (lockstrip) is pretty fragile once removed.

My windshield guy was very glad I opted out of having it re-installed. I used the windshield gasket that doesn't use it when the new windshield went in.

Same here.

56121-60130
That part number is the one I have already found. Was hoping for one with the silver lockstrip, but I guess I need to kiss that wish goodbye and simply be thankful it's still a sweet rig. Thanks!

That part number is the one I have already found. Was hoping for one with the silver lockstrip, but I guess I need to kiss that wish goodbye and simply be thankful it's still a sweet rig. Thanks!

Maybe I misunderstood but the the part number Onur shared is the weatherstripping for the silver lockstrip.

Here is when I sold the weatherstripping I had along with the used lockstrip awhile back: SOLD - 70 series fixed roof weatherstripping - New OEM - for chrome inserts - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/70-series-fixed-roof-weatherstripping-new-oem-for-chrome-inserts.1218211/

56121-60120 is without the silver lockstrip.

Maybe I misunderstood but the the part number Onur shared is the weatherstripping for the silver lockstrip.

Here is when I sold the weatherstripping I had along with the used lockstrip awhile back: SOLD - 70 series fixed roof weatherstripping - New OEM - for chrome inserts - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/70-series-fixed-roof-weatherstripping-new-oem-for-chrome-inserts.1218211/

56121-60120 is without the silver lockstrip.
Ahhh...I see, I actually was the one to misunderstand. I did not catch that those are two different numbers/products. I made an assumption that a seal requiring lockstrip would come with lockstrip (and would be included in parts photo)...pardon my ignorance, but is lockstrip a generic product? If so, how do you know what profile/shape to get without pulling the old one out? I had a glass guy try to do a reseal of existing gasket, but it did not work. He pulled the lockstrip and it wrinkled pretty badly. Did you use the lockstrip tool to get yours out without wrinkling it?

My glass guy also prefers I do not get a system that requires lockstrip, but IMHO it's not about what he wants:). This has been a helpful convo...thx!

Ahhh...I see, I actually was the one to misunderstand. I did not catch that those are two different numbers/products. I made an assumption that a seal requiring lockstrip would come with lockstrip (and would be included in parts photo)...pardon my ignorance, but is lockstrip a generic product? If so, how do you know what profile/shape to get without pulling the old one out? I had a glass guy try to do a reseal of existing gasket, but it did not work. He pulled the lockstrip and it wrinkled pretty badly. Did you use the lockstrip tool to get yours out without wrinkling it?

My glass guy also prefers I do not get a system that requires lockstrip, but IMHO it's not about what he wants:). This has been a helpful convo...thx!

He cut out the entire weatherstripping first, then he removed the lockstrip afterwards with the weatherstrip on a big table.. It came out easy and intact this way (or he made it look easy), but you could tell it would be very tricky to re-install and he didn't really want to do it. He was a real pro at his job overall.

IMG_2912.jpg

I don't think there is a generic replacement for the oem lockstrip but I didn't try looking for that.

Last edited:
Mine was great after the new windscreen went in. Fake cheap looking strip went in the bin.

The chrome molding (lockstrip) is pretty fragile once removed.

Hello,

Bad news for me. I may have to replace it on Purebred in the near future.

Thanks for the heads up.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom