Leaking fuel pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy,

This is my first post here... I recently imported a '95 HZJ73 from Japan and it's a dream come true- a rig I've wanted for many years! I noticed a few weeks back that there's an intermittent drip of diesel coming from the fuel pump or near vicinity. It seems to happen when the tank is full and occurs even when the engine is off just sitting in the driveway. I haven't been able to pinpoint the source and am hoping someone has an idea of where to start. Thanks in advance!

Common issue. Need to remove the IP and have it rebuilt. Should be done if not already, get the injectors rebuilt at the same time as well.

It is possible you may have the ACSD which should be removed (search for ACSD delete here) itself if that is where the leak is. Not trying to scare you but if the ACSD left in the IP in non-working condition and leaking too long, it can turn into a bigger problem.

Common issue. Need to remove the IP and have it rebuilt. Should be done if not already, get the injectors rebuilt at the same time as well.

It is possible you may have the ACSD which should be removed (search for ACSD delete here) itself if that is where the leak is. Not trying to scare you but if the ACSD left in the IP in non-working condition and leaking too long, it can turn into a bigger problem.
Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming the IP is the injector pump (fuel pump)? I don't know what the ACSD is... Could you give me further explanation? Also are there rebuild kits on the market for the injectors and pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom