Leaf springs help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys just got my old man emu 2” kit come in, I have cs003f light load springs on my front, do you guys think that’s okay, I don’t plan on hauling heavy stuff, Just some light off roading here and there not crazy. I thought it would be good cause less stuff and maybe some nice flex. Please Lmk hope I did not make a mistake instead of getting ome med/heavy fronts

Light duty springs ride best with the standard stock front bumper and when not carrying 800 lbs of gear.

Use them. You’ll like them. On an unloaded cruiser, heavier duty springs ride more harsh.
If in the future you feel you need stiffer springs, you can alway add a leaf to the pack to make them mediums.

Light duty springs ride best with the standard stock front bumper and when not carrying 800 lbs of gear.

Use them. You’ll like them. On an unloaded cruiser, heavier duty springs ride more harsh.
If in the future you feel you need stiffer springs, you can alway add a leaf to the pack to make them mediums.
Thanks Man! I was just worried nobody uses light springs in front this is my rig

Thanks Man! I was just worried nobody uses light springs in front this is my rig

D5D26DC3-AFBB-4650-87D0-FDCFB2C2630C.jpeg

89590ABA-8DE0-4485-82DA-123FCA9B9976.jpeg

D6BCC8F5-6F66-4D8E-8302-630873EEC0F0.jpeg

The cool thing about OME is you can add a leaf or remove a leaf in the future to change how the suspension handles. As OSS said, just run with them and see how you like it. I have medium/heavy springs on mine and unless I have a heavy load it rides pretty stiff. If I was on trails more, like I had planned, it would be a different story. Just figure out if you like them and go from there. Add a leafs are pretty cheap and easy to install.

Nice 62 by the way. Share some pics of the current suspension with us! And then post some while you’re working and then some after shots!

Last edited:
I had 004F up front and just put all new with 003F in front. No extra weight and light medium off-road. I’m going back to heavier. Had to shim new and bottomed out a few times. 004F sit much better based on my recent switch

The cool thing about OME is you can add a leaf or remove a leaf in the future to change how the suspension handles. As OSS said, just run with them and see how you like it. I have medium/heavy springs on mine and unless I have a heavy load it rides pretty stiff. If I was on trails more, like I had planned, it would be a different story. Just figure out if you like them and go from there. Add a leafs are pretty cheap and easy to install.

Nice 62 by the way. Share some pics of the current suspension with us! And then post some while you’re working and then some after shots!
You think CS003F front and CS017RB rear if good for my stock 62 land Cruiser auto? In pics?

Just really worried about rake and I did not want heavy springs
You might have a small amount of rake. It will settle out in a while. It really depends on what you’re using the truck for. If you’re using it to carry kids to soccer practice then a light weight suspension would do fine, but if you want to haul 500 pounds of camping gear up a dirt road for a week then you’ll need heavier springs. I think your setup will be alright. Drive it and see how it handles. Learn some more about how it reacts on road vs off road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom