LDA pressure: where take it from? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I' installing a big intercooler on top of engine on my hdj80. Where do you tink is optimal to take air pressure for LDA? After or before intercooler? My idea is that when intercooler in empty it start to be filled from the side away from turbo. so, i think that the pressure in the end of intercooler goes up before intercooler side near turbo. OR NOT ???????? Scuse me again my grammatical english. i hope you undertand my primitive english translations. bye :)

The pressure wave starts from the turbo side because it is created by it. I'm not sure the fillup lag is really a concern, anyway I'd keep the pressure pickup original on the intake manifold or elbow in order to eliminate intercooler efficiency variations with speed and outside temps in the fuel quantity translation. Or maybe keeping these variations may be desirable after all ? Oh well I guess I would now have to start making calculations :doh:

Last edited:
denis said:
The pressure wave start from the turbo side because it is created by it. I'm not sure the fillup lag is really a concern

Ditto .. off course my comments are based in .... mmmmm nothing more that I can see, read and do in diesel world !

But just for reference in my Porsche 944 Turbo Intercooler ( factory ) in the intake manifold ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom