Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lots of cool stuff going on at LCDC! Nitro Gears will be sponsoring this year! Thanks @just differentials Looking forward to having you part of the 5th anniversary!

Lots of cool stuff going on at LCDC! Nitro Gears will be sponsoring this year! Thanks @just differentials Looking forward to having you part of the 5th anniversary!

Ooooooh!
Great timing! :)
I’ll look forward to hearing from Nitro.

Really excited to return to Ouray and the surrounding areas this summer. For those who don't typically make it to this part of the country, but made it last year, it'll be interesting to see year to year changes. As many attendees remember, last year was a horrendously dry winter and spring in the San Juans and Dolores/Gunnison River Basins. This winter, snowpack water equivalent has already exceeded historic averages in the area. And there's still a solid month of "snow season" to go with an extended forecast that remains snow favorable. To give you an idea, snowpack in the vicinity of the Telluride and Ouray areas is over 250% greater than last year!

I've been hearing from locals who believe that many high passes that opened in the middle of June last year may not open until the early/middle of July this year if snow continues to fall at the current rate of accumulation. Time will tell, winter 2017 was also extremely wet but the late snows didn't end up contributing to extended snowpack.

... and that's today's weather geek out moment.

That snowpack should reduce the risk of fires - which was a problem in the past. As a landscape photographer, I actually prefer mountains with more snow on them. So that may work out as well. Lakes and rivers will have more water. I can’t remember any river crossings on the trails, though. All in all, it should be awesome. (Too bad you all can’t come the end of September when the Aspen tree leaves turn golden.)

Added myself to the waitlist....Just found out today that I'm going to a wedding 7/27 very near Ophir Pass.

Just found out today that I'm going to a wedding 7/27 very near Ophir Pass.

You’re going to see a lot of 100 series cruisers running around the area that weekend, we’ll be based out of Silverton if you’re driving out early.

I recently got my LC200 and found this thread. Add to the waitlist. If I can't make it in 2019, 2020 will be our first event. Thanks. Love Ouray area and hope to go back for more exploration.

We're in, barring another deployment/school requirement =/

Super excited to finally make one of these!

Welp..... School requirement hit me. We're PCSing to Tinker AFB in July and start class on August 1st. My excitement is replaced with sadness. We hope all of you guys have a great time out there!

Cody and everyone who has a hand in these, thank you so much for all you do.

Welp..... School requirement hit me. We're PCSing to Tinker AFB in July and start class on August 1st. My excitement is replaced with sadness. We hope all of you guys have a great time out there!

Cody and everyone who has a hand in these, thank you so much for all you do.

Sorry you can’t make it, but all the best in your next adventure on the AFB!

Will Red Mountain Pass be open?

Unless there is an incredibly hot summer I imagine will see quite a bit of snow on the trails this year. Living in Houston my daughter will be ecstatic. Look forward to meeting all the new folks and reconnecting with the old.

BTUMan, Who you calling old??? :rofl:

My friend in Telluride mentioned to me last week that this was one of the crazier winters he's seen in 12 or so years.

Was not aware there was a wait-list, just added myself to it. I hope I can make it as I already reserved a small cabin at KOA and was finally able to negotiate the days off work for the trip. I hope I can participate with the group.

On another note, it is nice to see that this event has grown so much that we now require a wait-list. Hope I get to see everyone from last years trip and meet new faces this year. Fingers crossed.

I am but we're leaving Saturday and doing Rocky Mountain NP for the first few days. Also I'm pulling our trailer, so we don't go much over 70 and end up stopping every 2 hours for fuel.

I was planning on leaving Saturday as well, so maybe we can catch up in Iowa for brunch or something ;)
if you are on Instagram DM me @adventure.driven

I was planning on leaving Saturday as well, so maybe we can catch up in Iowa for brunch or something ;)
if you are on Instagram DM me @adventure.driven
Done. Mine is @linuxgod (shocker), though I don't go in IG very often

Getting pretty excited for this. Itll be my first event, so I'm stoked to meet people. I'm hoping to have sliders ordered by the end of the week. And get some 2 way radios. I'll be driving from Maryland, with the wife flying in to meet me. I'll be heading out Sunday or Monday, not too sure yet.

Added another great sponsor to the lineup @Cruiser Corps will be joining us and hosting the opening event along with Elite Land Cruisers. We’ll be sending more detailed info about times and locations as well as trail signups in the next month or so via email to everyone confirmed. For those on the waiting list we have been checking in with confirmed folks and making sure they can still make it. We’ll notify you via email if a spot opens up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom