Largest Diehard that will fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know it's somewhere on here, but I don't have time to dig. What is the largest Diehard I can fit in the stock location without modifying.

Is it possible that some of these new batteries have to much CCA? Could this lead to stripping the teeth on the starter gear, and the teeth on the flexplate? Just thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone has any thoughts as it pertains to Die Hard platinum batteries and such.

Is it possible that some of these new batteries have to much CCA? Could this lead to stripping the teeth on the starter gear, and the teeth on the flexplate? Just thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone has any thoughts as it pertains to Die Hard platinum batteries and such.

No, that won't happen. Starter only draws what it needs.

If it were possible, mine would've self destructed a long time ago with these giant Odyssey's under there....

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

image-1706362228.jpg

Thanks.

No, that won't happen. Starter only draws what it needs.

If it were possible, mine would've self destructed a long time ago with these giant Odyssey's under there....

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

I have the same Diehard 31M battery in mine - it is actually an Odyssey OEM. It has lasted over twice the life of the Optima that I have in the DS tray.

Sears Odyssey Fits an 80? CCA 20 Hr Rate Ah
DieHard Marine Battery, Platinum PM-1 - Group Size 31M 31M-PC2150 Not without mods 1150 100
DieHard Marine Battery, Platinum PM-2 - Group Size 34M 34M-PC1500 Yes* 880 68
DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-1 - Group Size 34 34-PC1500 Yes* 880 68
DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-2 - Group Size 65 65-PC1750 Yes* 930 74
DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-3 - Group Size 75/86DT 75/86-PC1230 Yes* 730 55
DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-4 - Group Size 34/78DT 34/78-PC1500 Yes* 880 68
DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-5 - Group Size 35 35-PC1400 Yes* 820 65
DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-6 - Group Size 25 25-PC1400 Yes* 820 65

The marine batteries work great as primary starting batteries, they are not the marine batteries of yesterday.

This reminds me, I need to make the tie-downs for both batteries :bang:

$7 aluminum 1" angle from Home depot for the hold down bar while reusing the factory J-bolts and nuts...

I just paid for a 31M. I won't be able to pick it up for a few days. I'll report with install.

Running the 31Ms. Just need to shave some of the ribs on the battery to get it to fit. No issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom