Landcruiser mechanic Bend OR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Copy that!

The tow is definitely low in the grand scheme of things, more of an annoyance.
Thanks Shane I'll call them too.
I'll let you guys know the outcome.

Anyone have any other suggestions on reasonable upgrades? I don't need a SC or Turbo (They would be sweet) I do have a set of replacement phh (the blue heavy duty ones) that the PO gave me with the truck and a set of those braided steel brake lines, but there pretty small upgrades imho.

This is mostly a back roads camping/hunting/fishing/hiking/biking transportation, with a little romp stomping climbing here and there.;)

Heres what I got.
93': ome 2.5 lift, factory lockers, ARB Front, Hannah sliders, BFG 33's, CDL, LED's middle and back, ipf headlight harness and bulbs, and a factory fog light switch that doesn't do chit???:)

So I think its a pretty worthy rig of holding onto. Even with the ridiculous gas prices these days. I had a 78' 40 for a long time a few years back so this is my "fix" to have another cruiser. The wife granted this so I gotta keep it as long as I can.:D

Last edited:
Picture
IMG_2448.jpg

Nice looking LC!

Let us know who you use and what they found so we can all learn.

Good Luck

Well I spoke to Greens finally and he's never done a HG on a landcruiser. Didnt sound like he was too comfortable with doin it either. The hunt for a mechanic continues....

:popcorn:

Wow, that surprises me! Sorry for the misinformation...You could always do Toyota of Bend. Look for Todd Smith there in service.. he's a friend and owns, runs, services 80's for sure. dealer rates are going to apply here though.

Its all good!

I know allot more people now that also back greens up. I brought up the DVD that is out there with the step by step HG replacement, but that didint sound like a option for him either.
I wish I had the space, time, tools, etc......

I've tried to get a hold of Greens and got no response. Is that a pretty busy shop? I had also heard that he was a great Toyota mechanic and strictly uses Toyota parts. I guess I'll keep trying to get a hold of him.

The fellow I spoke to at German Master Tech said they recently did a landcruiser with a blown HG that also had a cracked block and that bill ran $3600. That also included new hoses , thermostat, valve grind etc...

OUCH!

So????

$3600 sounds like a reasonable price if they also fixed a cracked block?

Unfortunately $3600 is alot for a firefighter this early in the fire season. :crybaby:

I miss typed cracked head, not block.

Im still praying that the Head is not bad.

Mark At Davis & Clark, 156 NE Seward, Bend, OR 388-2888

Mark helped me out significantly with the diesel transplant. He did at least one 80HG while I was around. Shop is just north of Revere at the Railroad Tracks. He was totally fair on prices and does good work.

Bob Bancroft

Unfortunately $3600 is alot for a firefighter this early in the fire season. :crybaby:

I miss typed cracked head, not block.

Im still praying that the Head is not bad.

Sorry dude I tought they also did some block work but if that is not the case than Ouch.

Keep us posted as I may want to do this at some point.

Mark At Davis & Clark, 156 NE Seward, Bend, OR 388-2888

Mark helped me out significantly with the diesel transplant. He did at least one 80HG while I was around. Shop is just north of Revere at the Railroad Tracks. He was totally fair on prices and does good work.

Bob Bancroft

Bob,

What did you transplant a diesel into?

John

Hey folks -- wanted to ressurect this to see if smokechaser ever had any luck chasing down a great cruiser mechanic in Bend. I looked into Green's but Ethan says he's now likely to limit his new customers to 95 cruisers and up (mine's a 77). Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks

Aaron's Automotive Aaron's Automotive Repair

He is a personal friend and works on all makes and models. Has done work on my 1994 LC, 2008 RAV4, and my kids Subarus.

Just had a 40 series with a 350 swap in his shop for something.

He is honest and stands behind all he does.

I am new to the Bend area (Orange FJ40 if you see me), and I took my Cruiser to Mountain View Imports. They replaced a rear spring mount for me and have been nothing but helpful with troubleshooting some issues I'm having. Great guys, fair pricing, and I would recommend them. I am looking to get some transfer case work done, and plan on taking it to them.

Import performance20680 Empire Avenue, Bend, OR 97701, they are big into toyota, they work on alot of landcruiser and imported stuff.

I’m bumping up this old thread. In search of a Cruiser head shop in Bend, OR.

Preferably they would be familiar with 1KZ diesels.

Any recommendations please let me know. Thanks!

I’m bumping up this old thread. In search of a Cruiser head shop in Bend, OR.

Preferably they would be familiar with 1KZ diesels.

Any recommendations please let me know. Thanks!
Aaron’s Automotive in Bend (541) 317-3954.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom