land cruiser advice!

Hey guys! I’m relatively new to overlanding and was looking into buying a trail gear rock defense front bumper for my 91’ land cruiser. I’m just looking for opinions on if this bumper is good/looks good and operates well with stock ride height and normal suspension or if I should invest in a suspension lift as well as the bumper.

Pic attached is my land cruiser as of today, the only upgrades really being the snorkel, lights, and a temporary bushguard (I’m only 17)

D4A7B8A8-8AD8-44FD-A941-5FD89671A173.jpeg

Hey guys! I’m relatively new to overlanding and was looking into buying a trail gear rock defense front bumper for my 91’ land cruiser. I’m just looking for opinions on if this bumper is good/looks good and operates well with stock ride height and normal suspension or if I should invest in a suspension lift as well as the bumper. .

Pic attached is my land cruiser as of today, the only upgrades really being the snorkel, lights, and a temporary bushguard (I’m only 17)

View attachment 2260539
also maybe some advice on what size lift wouldn’t make it look look like a monster truck while still looking like a classic land cruiser

I’m not a big fan of the trail gear bumper’s looks but it is pretty cost-effective. Sure, I would choose it over the stock bumper any day. Personally, I’d choose the bump it off-road bumper over the trail gear and the BIOR bumper is also a pretty decent price. I got lucky and found an ARB bumper on craigslist for a steal so I jumped on that. Do you need a bumper right away or can you scavenge the classifieds or local craigslist for a deal?

also, you don’t need a lift for the bumpers but a stock or 2 inch lift sounds about up your alley.

voodu3

SILVER Star
As far as a lift you could try a 1.5” or 2” coil spacers up front. It gets rid of the stink bug and gives it a more aggressive look. It’s an inexpensive option.

for the money the tg bumper it a pretty solid choice from what has been mentioned here. if your not a tube bumper kinda guy there have been people tha thave made plate inserts to fill in the tube sections of the bumper. another one that I lika it s the tjm t17, its pretty clost to a stock look and has the protection of a plate bumper.

lift I like my ome stock height kit with the maf 30mm spacers, with that set up I have about 2 in in the front and 2.5 in the rear

Thank you all! I think I’m just gonna save up for an arb bumper (or try and find one on Kijiji for the low) and a ome 2.5 inch lift!

Top Bottom