Builds Land Cruiser 200 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What else would you guys do to it?

The only thing you might like is upgraded front tow hooks as they are the lowest hanging part on the front of the LC and LX. Small detail, but it's actually one of my favorite modifications.

I like the Trail Tailor tow mounts as they work well with soft shackles. ARB also makes high quality tow mounts.

The Trail Tailor 3/4" steel tow mounts are way stronger than the standard front mounts, as well. No affiliation, but well worth $120.

Last edited:
The only thing you might like is upgraded front tow hooks as they are the lowest hanging part on the front of the LC and LX. Small detail, but it's actually one of my favorite modifications.

I like the Trail Tailor ones as they work well with soft shackles. ARB also makes high quality tow points

The Trail Tailor 3/4" steel points are way stronger than the standard front points, as well. No affiliation, but well worth $120.

Don’t forget to get the bolts too.

Even if you only watch the first 5 minutes or so...worth watching by anyone contemplating a build.

Starts with questions.

Not simply asking which one...but whether at all what for:

Last edited:
@oubeta As others have noted, build for intended use. You mentioned the Slee rear bumper and an auxiliary fuel tank. I would strongly suggest you go to Slee to have the bumper installed as well as the tank. The Slee 200 rear bumper is a major amount of work to install correctly. Also, Slee does (IMO) a superior job installing the LRA tanks. They significantly upgrade the hoses and many of the fitting so there is more of an OEM feel to the installation. I had them install a 40 gallon LRA in my 2016 and I am very happy with it (and my bumper). Also, the LRA fuel pump is noisy. Some have swapped it for a quieter and higher volume pump. I don't mind the pump but it is loud and slow.

I may have missed it in the description, but what accessory controller are you using to the left of the steering wheel? What made you go with that unit vs ARB Linx, etc?

Also..
Where did you relocate:
  • Pre-collision off (which you will need off-roading)
  • Power Tailgate
  • Power Door Off

Thanks

I'm using a switch pro's controller for my compressor and lights, etc..
It's mounted just to the right of the steering wheel. See pics above. My factory pre-collision switches are located to the left on the 2017's if that's what your asking.

Great build!! Keep those pictures coming!! 🤘

@Eric Sarjeant The 17 didn't come with power liftgate or power door off options so no switches there.

@oubeta As a technique, my shop recommends riding around at a 0 setting on the CDCV for about a month. Then set max and drive that around for a month. After that taper down the number until it feels just right. Every rig is slightly different and every person has a different opinion on how they feel the ride should be.

Did you have to use any spacers with those icon wheels? Any chance you have a side shot that shows the tire profile relative to the rest of the vehicle? Thanks!

Did you have to use any spacers with those icon wheels? Any chance you have a side shot that shows the tire profile relative to the rest of the vehicle? Thanks!

No spacers with the ICONS. I'll try and get some more pics for you.

I was curious about the camera relocation kit, moving it down and to the left (as you face the cruiser). Does it impact the usability at all since its a pretty big change in angle and position? I saw a YouTube video of a TX Toyota Dealer who did some customization on a new LC and managed to relocate it to the center of the grill section on the ARB bumper.

Do you have a shipping company you would recommend for sending a cruiser trans-con?

I had ruled out shops like SDHQ or Valley Hybrids as being too far way but if there was a reliable way to get a truck to/back from them it could be a game changer.

All the advertised shippers I have contacted seem to be middlemen for middlemen and need you to be waiting for the pickup or delivery at midnight in Walmart parking lots on a day they will notify you about maybe 24hrs before...

I was curious about the camera relocation kit, moving it down and to the left (as you face the cruiser). Does it impact the usability at all since its a pretty big change in angle and position? I saw a YouTube video of a TX Toyota Dealer who did some customization on a new LC and managed to relocate it to the center of the grill section on the ARB bumper.

I saw that TX relocation ... The ARB suggested location is on the right where he has it. When it's on the right you can see the winch line if you use a folding front license plate and it's out of harms way of the winch line. So if you are going to use the winch it better off to the side.

I saw that TX relocation ... The ARB suggested location is on the right where he has it. When it's on the right you can see the winch line if you use a folding front license plate and it's out of harms way of the winch line. So if you are going to use the winch it better off to the side.
Thank you. That makes a lot more sense now that you say that. I am looking to to the ARB front bumper, Warn Zeon 12S winch and was looking at the lights you put on your ARB, I like the front and side projection. This will be a summer project.

I used mudship they did a great job brokering. They have a presence here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom